Wow!! Excellent Friends and Family Sale...

mandm97

Yippe!! Just got an upgrade from inside to balcony for an extra 144.00! Increase in price due to the increased port taxes!! The balcony room by itself (before taxes) was 40.00 cheaper then what we paid for the inside! I'm so excited..........been on several cruises but this will be our 1st Balcony!!! Our TA was really able help us out! Took a couple phone calls but it all worked out in the end!! ;)

Wow, good deal. My sailing may be the only one that has not gone down for this rate. The balcony rate on our sailing is still $650 more than what we paid for our inside. We are not ES, so no price drops for us, but I have been watching the price and its actually higher now with this sale than it was after the "triumph incident." I wanted to see if I could get into a balcony with maybe a $250-$300 difference but it does not look like it will happen. My sailing is almost sold out now.

Wow, good deal. My sailing may be the only one that has not gone down for this rate. The balcony rate on our sailing is still $650 more than what we paid for our inside. We are not ES, so no price drops for us, but I have been watching the price and its actually higher now with this sale than it was after the "triumph incident." I wanted to see if I could get into a balcony with maybe a $250-$300 difference but it does not look like it will happen. My sailing is almost sold out now.

Our cruise went down about $90 but to upgrade from our 4E interior to a balcony was an additional $344 on our deck (7). We took the $90 but BF had had me stalking balcony prices basically since we booked and this is the lowest its been. If it falls closer to $200 we would do it but it that doesn't seem likely lol. We will prob hardly ever be in the room anyway :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

We did well on the sale. Originally booked ocean view for $999 per person. Ocean view dropped to $819. Balcony dropped to $929. We upgraded to a balcony. So we saved money and got an upgrade. I am so excited.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

I guess I don't understand why you pd an extra 144? If the balcony room was cheaper you should have been able to get the upgrade without anything additional that is what I did however I was not through a TA either. If you are on the same cruise the port taxes should not change.

I guess I don't understand why you pd an extra 144? If the balcony room was cheaper you should have been able to get the upgrade without anything additional that is what I did however I was not through a TA either. If you are on the same cruise the port taxes should not change.

Unfortunately, port fees and taxes can and do change. That is one thing you need to watch out for when you submit a price change form. There have been stories here on CC of people paying more for the same cabin than previous because they weren't aware that the taxes and fees have changed.

Archived