On Board Credit Question?

We have OBC from our Travel Agent. In the past when we did not use it all, we got the remainder that we did not use as credit on our credit card at the end of the cruise. Does RCI still do this? I want to book a pricey excursion but afraid to wait until we get on the ship in case it's all booked. I will call RCI tomorrow but wondering if someone has experience this recently. Thank you! :)

From what I understand some unused OBC is refundable but some is not. For example ( -- and I'm making this up-- ) OBC you get during a WOW sale or some other RCCL promotion is "use it or lose it." But unused OBC you get from your travel agent or Visa card points is refundable at the end of the cruise. It pays to ask at the purser's desk and see if you can use the non-refundable OBC first.

Any Royal given OBC (Next Cruise Cert, WOW, Stock etc) is use it or lose it. OBC from a TA, or OBC you put on your account is refunded. I have noticed that Royal given OBC is used last; meaning other non-royal OBC are used before the "use it or lose it" OBC is used.

Thanks for your replies. So, I have $175 OBC from my TA and $100 OBC from "future cruise credit". Is that future cruise credit the kind where you use it or loose it?

So, I should tell them when I check in to use the $100 credit first?

Thanks again.

Thanks for your replies. So, I have $175 OBC from my TA and $100 OBC from "future cruise credit". Is that future cruise credit the kind where you use it or loose it?

So, I should tell them when I check in to use the $100 credit first?

Thanks again.

Yes the 100 is use it or lose it.

It never hurts to ask the pursers desk to order it the way you want. I've never though of doing it that way, nor have I ever needed to not worry about not using it :eek:

Archived