Scenic Oceanview or Aft Wrap??

ShanteS

to me you are comparing apples and oranges.... to have a balcony or not. I have had aft wraps and am in one for my next cruise.... i guess you have my vote. :D

LOL Have you only ever done aft wraps? This is my first balcony, I had inside cabins on my first 3 sailings. I've heard once you've gone aft, you don't go back. I'm super excited and can't wait to have my own personal retreat to relax and read! :)

BTW, congrats on your upcoming wedding! Where are you having the ceremony? On an Island, in port before you sail, or on the ship?

I just came back from a cruise yesterday in which I had a Scenic OV...it was AWESOME, but I think I would chose to aft wrap.

Thanks! I've always wanted to try both. I have the aft wrap booked this August but was looking at my options for a 2014 cruise. I've read here that you feel more motion/movement at the front of the ship. What do you think? Could you feel everything at the front?

Well I've had 2 Aft wraps and we'll be trying our first Scenic Ocean View, but I'll tell you if price wasn't an issue, I'd be in and Aft Wrap EVERY SINGLE CRUISE!!!!!

LOL Have you only ever done aft wraps? This is my first balcony, I had inside cabins on my first 3 sailings. I've heard once you've gone aft, you don't go back. I'm super excited and can't wait to have my own personal retreat to relax and read! :)

BTW, congrats on your upcoming wedding! Where are you having the ceremony? On an Island, in port before you sail, or on the ship?

Thanks! I've always wanted to try both. I have the aft wrap booked this August but was looking at my options for a 2014 cruise. I've read here that you feel more motion/movement at the front of the ship. What do you think? Could you feel everything at the front?

You defintely feel more movement towards the front of the ship. I have a strong stomach though, so it didn't bother me...or my husband at all. At night, it feels like a cradle. lol

We did the Aft Wrap on a sailing with alot of people doing a Halloween Cabin Crawl and LOVED IT. We will be booking again witht he Fam Bam cruise. I woiuld not book it unless you have a large group of people to share it with (IMO). I say this becasue it is a huge balcony and it is fun to share it with others. It cost more to book the Aft Wrap and you could take that extra money and go for the spa balcony or a suite instead if it is only 2 of you. Hope that helps you decide.

Definitely the Aft Wrap. As someone else said, if money was no issue, I would book an Aft Wrap for every cruise I take. And while it might be fun to have other people help you enjoy that aft wrap, I am here to tell you that it is amazing for just two people as well. There is nothing like being able to sit out there, enjoy your breakfast/coffee from room service, each of you stretched out on your loungers, letting the world pass you by. Utter relaxation!

Maybe it's just me but I really didn't notice much difference in movement between aft and forward. Other than the aft wraps, I just tend to prefer the aft cabins as it is quieter back there.

55 days until I'll be enjoying my next Aft Wrap!

Archived