Eggs on Room Service now?

DEBnGAB

Not sure if it is the same for all lines but we were on HAL over New Years and I watched them make scrambled eggs on the griddle behind the buffet. They were pouring the "eggs" out of what looked like a milk carton. I'm not sure if they were real eggs or some sort of faux egg. I was impressed because like everyone else I thought they came from powder. I also thought what a crappy job to have cracking all those eggs for the buffet.

That is what Carnival uses to make scrambled eggs and omelets. The stuff comes in a carton like egg beaters. It is supposedly "real" eggs, but Miami told me to ask for Fresh eggs since they can't insure that the stuff that comes out of the 1/2 gallon cartons is Gluten free. They use it in both the dining room and the lido. The whole eggs are for poached, and fried eggs unless you specifially request the "fresh" eggs. You can really tell the difference when you compare the consistency of scrambled eggs. Others at our table at brunch were very surprised that they used the stuff from the carton in the MDR too.

Actually had the same (lousy) scrambled eggs in the MDR last week.:eek:

Back to poached for me.

You can get good scrambled eggs in the MDR - you just have to request that they use "fresh" eggs. They use the same liquid out of the carton in the MDR that they use on the Lido for the omelets and scrambled eggs.

Not a Carnival cruiser huh? Not adding? You're wrong there.

They've added plenty of things which means with the things they have cut, they are re-distributing where they spend their budget.

Not anymore. WAY too many cutbacks. Nice to see the cheerleaders point of view though....

People kill me with their manufactured pickiness :eek: I love the buffet eggs! Drown them in cheese & mushrooms! They are far better than the ARTIFICIAL eggs you all eat in your fast food sammie every morning!

Well, I agree. Call me weird, but we thought the scrambled eggs on the buffet were just fine. We went in already thinking they were horrible, but it just wasn't the case. Our 2 year old GS ate them and didn't complain. He's a big egg eater. He likes hard cooked eggs (he calls them ovals) omelets, scrambled and dippy eggs. Maybe a little salt and butter melted over the eggs might help. They really weren't bad.

As an aside. We had the breakfast burritos at the Blue Iguana and I do think they use the liquefied carton of eggs that some here are talking about. The breakfast burritos were really good. Also, we all waited in line for omelets a few mornings. The cooks poured the 'eggs' from a pitcher. Who knows.

Archived