Transportation from FLL to Miami

ChuckyMoe

We are going on the Brilliance of the Seas in January 2006. There are 13 adults in our group and I am trying to figure out transportation. I realize that we will probably have to have 2 vehicles of some sort. We have a pre-cruise and post-cruise stay. I am thinking of staying at Holiday Inn Port of Miami for the 2 days prior to our cruise and somewhere in Ft. Lauderdale for one night after the cruise. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Holiday Inn in Miami and after the cruise back to a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale? Thanks for any suggestions.

We are going on the Brilliance of the Seas in January 2006. There are 13 adults in our group and I am trying to figure out transportation. I realize that we will probably have to have 2 vehicles of some sort. We have a pre-cruise and post-cruise stay. I am thinking of staying at Holiday Inn Port of Miami for the 2 days prior to our cruise and somewhere in Ft. Lauderdale for one night after the cruise. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Holiday Inn in Miami and after the cruise back to a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale? Thanks for any suggestions.

I was just going to ask about this also. I'll be looking forward to any replies. We are cruising on the Imagination this October and staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami pre-cruise. We will possibly fly into Ft. Lauderdale instead of Miami due to much better prices of the flights. We will have 10 people total in our group. 1 family of 6 and 1 family of 4.

For pre-curise, I would...

Rent two vans from any car rental outlets at FLL airport but return to MIA airport.

Drop off your party (and luggages) at the hotel

Drop off the vans at MIA

Take a cab back to the hotel ($20)

Have a great time in Miami and the cruise

For post-cruise.

The "drivers" take a cab to rental outlet

Get the vans and come back to get rest of the party

Spend your day at Fort Lauderdale

Return vans at FLL airport.

Have a safe and smooth trip home.

Couple of rental companies provide shuttle from the Miami pier to their rental offices but their rates are higher. Alamo, Hertz and Thrifty come to mind...

• 3 weeks later...

I got a car from FLL to Miami for a day's rental, to use it to get me and my two girls down to the pier. It's also giving me a way to do something between 9 AM when my flight gets in, and whatever time I want to check in, which will be after noon. I'll be taking it back to MIA and having the shuttle take me to the cruise pier. I called dollar rentacar to confirm that the shuttle would do this, and he said its no problem. Basically, they provide the service in the other direction, so they'll be fine with taking us to the pier, although you can't book it this way online. you can book it online if you're picking up post cruise, and wanting to get the car at the MIA airport, drive around for the day and drop off at FLL, for no extra drop off charge. It's costing $30 for an economy car, for car rental, taxes and airport charges from FLL to MIA, and $40 from the cruise (MIA) to FLL. Ijust made my reservation about 4 days ago, so I know its up to date with them.

• 2 weeks later...
We have the same question...we're sailing the Jewel in November.

Check out FLL Airport Shuttle. There is a thread on this somewhere. I think it's $80. for 4 people and that includeds the tip. We are already 4 people but if dates are the same you're welcome to join us. Our son is looking for a hotel for us on priceline so I don't know where we're staying yet. Arrive FLL 11/26, ship sails 11/27 Radiance of the Seas.

Archived