Settling Seapass card account

Hi, I've got a cruise booked on IOS in October. For my birthday my nan has exchanged around £50 into dollars so I now have $80 in cash to spend on board as she knew it was an American ship. But she didn't know that all transactions go onto your seapass card bless her :)

I was going to use the cash for tips instead but the policy changed so it's now added to our account automatically and i can't be bothered to queue to take them off just to pay them in cash lol. So i changed to MTD and prepaid them. Anyway my question is is it possible to pay part cash and the rest by card to settle the account or am i best changing the dollars back to pounds and putting them in the bank to settle the account? When we cruised with P&O we just registered our card and on the last night we got an invoice and they took it off the card the day we disembarked

Hi, I've got a cruise booked on IOS in October. For my birthday my nan has exchanged around £50 into dollars so I now have $80 in cash to spend on board as she knew it was an American ship. But she didn't know that all transactions go onto your seapass card bless her :)

I was going to use the cash for tips instead but the policy changed so it's now added to our account automatically and i can't be bothered to queue to take them off just to pay them in cash lol. So i changed to MTD and prepaid them. Anyway my question is is it possible to pay part cash and the rest by card to settle the account or am i best changing the dollars back to pounds and putting them in the bank to settle the account? When we cruised with P&O we just registered our card and on the last night we got an invoice and they took it off the card the day we disembarked

You can go to guest services at any time on your cruise and give them the cash and they will deduct it from you seapass account balance

You may want some cash for Port stops, taxis, local beers etc etc

We're cruising in Europe. But I could exchange the dollars for euros. I've got to change money anyway so might be easier than faffing around with tge sea pass account. Hadn't thought of that so thanks :)

Archived