Tap water on ship?

There is a link or reply that addresses this. First, these ships use reverse osmosis systems to convert saltwater into fresh water for drinking. I understands that the water dispensed on the Lido deck/buffet area has the best filters and is as good as it gets. Take a water bottle(s) and get your refills. The water in the room is not the same quality but being from San Diego, I'm used to that.

Been on four cruises always drink the tap and never a problem and I drink at least 10-15 glasses per day I drink nothing else not even at home. I can't have sugar and dont' like that the tea and diet sodas can stain my teeth. My only other intake of fluid by the glass is milk skim on occassion.

We drank the tap water from the bathroom. They fill the ice bucket twice a day in your room.. At home, we have well water and I dislike it so we use a bottle dispenser... On board ship, the water reminded me of NYC water and we loved it; brought me back to my childhood ... :)

We found the water on the Conquest to be better than some bottled water wehave had. We traveled with 39 people age 16-81 and most of us would refill our water bottles that we brought with us either on Lido or in our cabin. It is pretty good..

It is soooo funny to hear people say that they do not drink tap water. 15 years ago everyone drank tap water and no one complained. Amazing that people pay good money to drink water out of a bottle. I used to work for the distributors of a MAJOR bottled water company, and the water they use IS YOUR TAP WATER. LOL Keep paying the money folks THANKS for supporting my kids :)

It is soooo funny to hear people say that they do not drink tap water. 15 years ago everyone drank tap water and no one complained. Amazing that people pay good money to drink water out of a bottle. I used to work for the distributors of a MAJOR bottled water company, and the water they use IS YOUR TAP WATER. LOL Keep paying the money folks THANKS for supporting my kids :)

LOL.....Evian = Naive:D

I thought it had a weird taste, and really wasn't drinkable if you drink a lot of it. When I found out about the reverse osmosis system they use, it explained the vaguely salty taste. I'm not a water snob (although it's my primary beverage), but on 3 Carnival ships I did not care for how it tasted. I drank the tap water on Princess & Norwegian -- it was fine. On my last 2 Carnival cruises we brought some bottled water, and were very glad we had it.

Have fun on your cruise,

Mary Ellen

We usually buy bottled water for the trip down, and then keep and refill the bottles from the ship. The ship's water is fine, and better than many city water supplies. The same 'tap' water is what is used in the kitchens, ice machines, all over.

If you are still worried about it, since alcohol kills germs, be sure and follow up with plenty of alcohol! :p

Is this hard to come by? I'm used to drinking at least 72 ounces of water per day. I'm sailing the Sensation in September. A friend of ours told us the tap water in the bathroom was not fit for drinking.

I TAKE A BIG MUG WITH ME..

I JUST FILL IT UP WITH ICE AND THE

SHIP WATER............

I AM A WATER DRINKER............

HAPPY CRUISING........

the water they use IS YOUR TAP WATER.

First time I ever bought bottled water was in South Carolina, as I hated their tap water. So off to the A&P I went, and bought a couple of jugs. Imagine my surprise when I found it to taste just as bad as their tap water.

In subsequent year, I bought the bottled water in NY, and brought it with me.

While in NY, I just drink the tap.

Oh, and yes, the tap water on board is just fine.

Lou...That makes me laugh... My hubby has been saying for years that people are so gullable!!! He said that the companies are just filling bottles with tap and selling it and if people are willing to pay for it he would bottle it too!!! We drink tap we figure we were drinking it for years and we gave it to our kids when they were little and so far were still around so we DONT' pay for water.

In fact some peoples tap water is better than the bottled water we were selling. Some times we could still see sediment in the bottles and had to toss them away.

People are gulible, good thing no one says sticking your finger in a light socket is the new healthy trend

We bring a BRITA portable water filter on the ship with us (pack it in the luggage) and We keep it filled on the bathroom counter - we refill our brought on water bottles as needed - It sure saves a lot of money in water charges.

Archived