Snorkeling Excursion

cheermom444

We are looking for a fun place for 2 first timers (me and 13dd) to snorkel. Does anyone have any suggestions? We are in port from 7am until 12:59am so we have plenty of time.

Would also like to find a fun beach if anyone has any recommendations. We are not going to Atlantis as I hear it is super crowded during the May timeframe and we would like to be able to do several things while in port as this is our first cruise!

Thank you in advance for your help!

Happy cruising!!

We were in Nassau last week. We went snorkeling with Blue Hole Watersports. I think it would be great for the two of you. It's a small boat - 8 people max - so there is plenty of personal attention. I had snorkeled multiple times before and thought the snorkeling was great. On our boat there were two families with daughters - one probably about 7 and one maybe 10. The 7 year old had definitely not snorkeled before. Everyone was patient, and with such a small group, it was easy for her to hop on and off the boat as needed. Also nice to not be kicked in the face by a hoard of other people off a huge boat. It was a two hour trip total - first drove to the marina of atlantis to see that area from the water, then to the snorkeling site which was really protected and had lots of interesting coral and colorful fish(seemed to be the same place as most of the other trips but each had their own area), and then after time at that site, we moved on to a second site which was a ship sunk for an old james bond film. This site had even more variety of fish. Overall a great experience for those with snorkeling experience and those without. The guy who drives the boat/gives the tour stays on board, so he watches everyone closely to make sure everyone is ok and moves the boat closer if needed.

Blue Hole leaves from the dock at the Hilton, so it would be easy to combine with a beach pass for the Hilton (nice quiet relaxing beach without big waves), or you could walk past the hilton and go to Junkanoo beach which is a free public beach.

Thank you so much for all that wonderful information. We have never snorkeled so I love the thought of a small group of people. Is this booked through the ship or independently? Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you!! Very excited!!

Scuba girl would you be able to give me some advice is it safe for me and my 13 dd to be walking around by ourselves after dinner going to the straw market etc. can you recommend any "must sees" while we are there?

Thanks again to all!

Thank you!! Very excited!!

Scuba girl would you be able to give me some advice is it safe for me and my 13 dd to be walking around by ourselves after dinner going to the straw market etc. can you recommend any "must sees" while we are there?

Thanks again to all!

The straw market, an nearly everything else except bars and a few restaurants all close at 6pm.. and Nassau becomes a bit of a ghost town.

I wouldn't walk around after dusk. Once the stores close, you get a bit of a bad element in town.

If you want to do something in the evening, I suggest grabbing a cab to Marina Village at Atlantis or check out the aquarium which is unguarded after the pools close for the day.

Thank you Scubagirl!

I am having a hard time going through that link you provided - it keeps on giving me an error message when I submit my information. I sent an email and hopefully they will respond :) Thanks again for all your help!

We may just stay on the boat.

Do you know if they will pick us up at the cruise ship?

Thank you Scubagirl!

I am having a hard time going through that link you provided - it keeps on giving me an error message when I submit my information. I sent an email and hopefully they will respond :) Thanks again for all your help!

We may just stay on the boat.

Do you know if they will pick us up at the cruise ship?

Blue Hole is located just a quick 5-8 minute walk from the cruise port. It's in the British Colonial Hilton.

There's no need for a pick up or cab.

Give them a few days to get back to you via email. Our internet service isn't very reliable down here.

Archived