45 days out and I still don't have my cruise documents.

Hello all,

I cruising on Vision from Seward to Vancouver July 29th-Aug 6th.

I've booked the cruise with a social group I'm a member of here in Chicago. This group's primary business is to set-up parties at bars, excursions to museums, picnics, stuff like that. They only do one or two international trips a year. I believe this is the first time they've done a cruise.

I booked and paid for the trip back in March. They have said since then that they were going to cut-off sign-ups at the end of May. Well, May 31 has come and gone and they are still actively trying to get more people to sign up (so they can make more money)

So here I am, I would like to book shore excursions, but I can't because as far as RCCL is concerned, I don't exist. I would like to buy travel insurance, but I can't because I don't have airline tickets or crusie documents.

Is it unreasonable for me to be annoyed with these people at this point?

There is a meeting on the 28th of this month for everyone who is going. It is being described as "You will get to discuss the itinerary, find out what to bring and what not to bring. It will also give you a chance to meet the folks that you will be rooming with."

It says nothing about getting cruise documents, etc.

In accordance the company's cancellation policy, I can cancel as late as 30 days out and only pay a small penalty. Would it be unreasonable for me to excercise this if I don't get my documents at that meeting? I could always use the money to book another cruise.

thanks

Yes 3 to 4 weeks out is the earliest you will get your documents. You should have a confirmed reservation, however. And you should have a reservation number so you can check your status on line. You don't have to have your documents to book excursions. Whoever organized your group should have your individual reservation number.

If you booked & paid for the trip in March, THAT was the time you would have wanted to purchase travel insurance in order to be covered for any preexisting conditions; most policies require you to purchase the insurance within 14 days of making your initial trip deposit in order to provide you with full coverage. You don't need cruise documents or airline tickets to buy your insurance; typically you rpremium is based on a factor of your age and what you're paying for your trip. Also, if whoever accepted your payment sent it in to RCCL, you would have been assigned an individual booking number which you would use to preregister on-line as well as purchase shore excursions. I had a group on the transatlantic sailing this past April and it worked just fine for them. Cruise documents usually arrive around 30 dayd prior to your departure. May I ask...what is the "small penalty" that you would have to pay for cancelling 30 days prior? RCCL's policy is that you would lose the minimum deposit of $250 for a 7-night cruise for cancelling 69-30 days prior to departure.

It's probably time for you to talk to whoever your booking agent is, is order to get these questions addressed. (Yes, I'm a travel agent but DO NOT "advertise" or solicit business on these boards.)

I'm hoping to piggy-back on this message so that I don't have to start a new thread. I booked by cruise directly through RCCL. Approximately, how far in advance would I get my docs since I won't be going through a travel agency? I'm asking because I am moving to a new address 3 weeks before my cruise. Thanks :-)

Also, if whoever accepted your payment sent it in to RCCL, you would have been assigned an individual booking number which you would use to preregister on-line as well as purchase shore excursions.

Thanks,

I honestly belive these people have NOT sent ANYTHING to RCCL yet. Why? I called RCCL yesterday and they have no record of me.

Well, I must go to work now and I can't access this forum there.

Thanks again

Thanks,

I honestly belive these people have NOT sent ANYTHING to RCCL yet. Why? I called RCCL yesterday and they have no record of me.

Well, I must go to work now and I can't access this forum there.

Thanks again

Do they have any record of the group?

Even with group bookings don't they provide the info to the cruise line? This sounds fishy to me if RCI has no record of you. Who charged your credit card for the trip? If it wan't RCI I would be VERY concerned...not because you don't have your documents, but because you are so close and seem not to have a reservation.

I'm hoping to piggy-back on this message so that I don't have to start a new thread. I booked by cruise directly through RCCL. Approximately, how far in advance would I get my docs since I won't be going through a travel agency? I'm asking because I am moving to a new address 3 weeks before my cruise. Thanks :-)

RCCI generally sends them out about a month in advance. If you haven't received them by the time you moved, then you need to call them and give them your new address.

Even with group bookings don't they provide the info to the cruise line? This sounds fishy to me if RCI has no record of you. Who charged your credit card for the trip? If it wan't RCI I would be VERY concerned...not because you don't have your documents, but because you are so close and seem not to have a reservation.

I agree.

RCI should have the OP's information even if they didn't book through them. Now, they won't talk to you directly, they will talk to the TA who booked the cruise; but that is different than them not having the info at all.

I am 19 days from my cruise, and I actually just go my cruise tickets this past Saturday, when I was 22 days out from my cruise. My TA called to tell me that they received my cruise docs 3 days prior.

So its definitely not unusual that you haven't gotten documents yet. Most people get them between 2-4 weeks out from their sailing date.

Hello all,

I cruising on Vision from Seward to Vancouver July 29th-Aug 6th.

I've booked the cruise with a social group I'm a member of here in Chicago. This group's primary business is to set-up parties at bars, excursions to museums, picnics, stuff like that. They only do one or two international trips a year. I believe this is the first time they've done a cruise.

I booked and paid for the trip back in March. They have said since then that they were going to cut-off sign-ups at the end of May. Well, May 31 has come and gone and they are still actively trying to get more people to sign up (so they can make more money)

So here I am, I would like to book shore excursions, but I can't because as far as RCCL is concerned, I don't exist. I would like to buy travel insurance, but I can't because I don't have airline tickets or crusie documents.

Is it unreasonable for me to be annoyed with these people at this point?

There is a meeting on the 28th of this month for everyone who is going. It is being described as "You will get to discuss the itinerary, find out what to bring and what not to bring. It will also give you a chance to meet the folks that you will be rooming with."

It says nothing about getting cruise documents, etc.

In accordance the company's cancellation policy, I can cancel as late as 30 days out and only pay a small penalty. Would it be unreasonable for me to excercise this if I don't get my documents at that meeting? I could always use the money to book another cruise.

thanks

I am on the July 17th sailing of the AOS and I just received my edocs today!

Muscleman,

I also have 33 days till my cruise ! Just wondering what ship & where you are going? maybe we are on the same cruise!!

Grandeur, Baltimore to Bermuda 7/17/05

We are on the Explorer of the Seas departing out of Miami. No doc yet but I'm not worried since I'm a TA. We live about 1 hour from Baltimore but haven't tried to sail out of there yet.

We booked last November for June 26th cruise on the Mariner and paid in full on April 11th ,the docs came on May 23rd right at 30 days prior to sailing.

Don't worry they will be there before you know it.

Marcy

High Life: Have you found out if Royal Caribbean has a cabin for you? Even if the group's travel agency is handling your reservation, it still would be available to RCI to pull up, and to you as well for the purpose of booking excursions and buying items in advance. Let us know.

We're on a 13 day cruise tour to Alaska on July 9, 2005 ---- We haven't gotten our docs yet. I called our TA yesterday and he said that he normally doesn't receive Alaska docs until around 3 weeks before departure date IF the airfare was booked through RCI. I've checked the RCI site and see that they have us listed with all pertinent info so I'm just going to try and be patient ------- would be really nice to know our flight schedules though since I know I'm in for a 11 - 13 hour flight time.

Archived