Not happy in port canaveral

jimo

Been waiting since 10:00 to board the Dream. Sitting in the final holding area. No information just lots of people getting upset. I just hope they haven't started the auxiliary generator.

Been waiting since 10:00 to board the Dream. Sitting in the final holding area. No information just lots of people getting upset. I just hope they haven't started the auxiliary generator.

I would be VERY happy to trade places with you

Maybe they are trying to enforce the boarding times on the ticket and in the email they send...lol;).

I guess, if that is the case, we should be happy they are trying to enforce something - if only they could get kids out of the hot tubs and the chair hogs stuff off the chairs - :eek:

that happens when coast guard does their inspections, i hope u have a great cruise, the Dream is a nice ship and we would love to be there waiting with you. shouldnt be long and you will be onboard. have fun.

If anyone has ever cruised out of Long Beach....this is the worst. There is NO holding tank. It is OUTSIDE...regardless of the elements. In January....(it was quite chilly for this time of the year in California). We arrived at 9:30 along with hundreds of other people. By 10:30 or 11:00, thousands. Every 15 minutes over the PA system..."we are sorry for the delay. We will board you as soon as possible" NO explanation..ever. We were on the ship at TWO THIRTY.....and we had zone 2. All of the poor elderly or anyone that had zone 11 or 12....who knows what time they boarded. No where to sit all of those hours...THIS WAS HELL...and will never cruise out of Long Beach again. FIVE HOURS of people standing...HELL

Can you remember ever getting information about what is going on?

Truthfully, lack of communication is basically their routine isn't it?

True they do tell you routine stuff but something out of the ordinary everyone seems to be afraid to tell us about.

I understand its frustrating for not getting updated information. There are a lot of people that would love to trade places with you (me included), even waiting without information.

I've never understood the concept of people getting so worked up and upset when stuff happens.

Look at it this way. You made a safe journey to Florida, made it to the port, got through security, have your boarding pass...

Have a great cruise and don't sweat the small stuff! The Dream is a great ship and we really had a good time on her! :D

Dumb question... They may not have made announcements, but has anyone actually gone up and asked anybody?

We got held up in the entry line my first cruise in Miami for almost an hour. People were getting all flustered and bent out of the shape. No announcements were made and eventually people started with their theories. One person finally had enough common sense to go and ask somebody... Turned out the terminal was over-crowded.

Let me get this straight .... YOU made the decision to get to the port HOURS before you are suppose to and now it is Carnival's fault that you are having to wait????

Last time I checked....the official boarding time was not 10AM....

Let me get this straight .... YOU made the decision to get to the port HOURS before you are suppose to and now it is Carnival's fault that you are having to wait????

But when it is after 12 and boarding has not yet begun do think the passengers are entitled to know what the delay is for.

How long would any of us be satisfied sitting and waiting and waiting with no info?

jimo I hope you are not one of the passengers getting upset. It is ashame to start of your cruising vacation in a foul mood.

We mostly sail on RCL and I have seen our boarding time delayed as late as 3PM. Nothing we could do about it so we just sat back, enjoyed the box lunch from Jason's Deli that was provided and relaxed.

Enjoy your cruise.

Exactly right! But don't expect many people on here to agree or even try to understand.

Exactly right! But don't expect many people on here to agree or even try to understand.

I 1000% understand and agree! :D

We showed up at 3:30 for our Pride cruise and you could have fired a canon in the terminal and not hit anyone. We were through security and check-in and unpacking in our cabin in under half an hour. :cool:

I've embarked at PC several times and I've never seen it start until after 11:30. The OP posted at 11:08 I don't think that constitutes a delay that requires any kind of explanation.

In fact in Miami, Galveston, NOLA, Long Beach the only time I've been delayed past a typical 11:30 to noonish embarkation it's been because of a crew inspection or Coast Guard inspection.

Carnival's FAQ lists 12:30 as embarkation time at PC.

Archived