Royal Caribbean I truly love you, but COME ON!

What about one of those online petitions, like iPetition or something? Then a link could be posted here for people to sign or everyone could email friends/family with the link. After a period of time the petition is closed and is sent to RCI. This way they could see that 25,000 (example) people want different itineraries.

Just an idea. . .

If someone comes up with a great post we can blow their Facebook feed up....

Oh, how I would love to be in the position of "been there, done that" !

DH & I have been on just 7 cruises, and one was to fabulous Alaska, so we are far from jaded yet, and still have plenty of things to see and do. In fact, we both agree that we'd love to repeat our last cruise (which was on that "small" Vision of the Seas) just to do things we did not have time for this trip.

Much as we love Royal, our next cruise is based on itinerary and we are trying Princess for the first time.

Happy cruising everyone !

Amen to that!

The world is bigger that just Caribbean. Try some European cruises maybe?

I sail to the Caribbean because it is my favorite place in the world, I just want to go to some new places with Royal Caribbean. I've done Europe cruises. I don't like flying for a day to get to Europe when I can drive to Florida ports.

I would love to see Jamaica gone. I do like the idea of 2 days in labadee. They could have a big beach party at night. It would be a great opportunity for royal to make all the money because you are on their island as well as the Haitians make more money and they need it so much. I see this as an awesome idea

Clott this is a great idea

Trying MSC for price and itinerary (Antigua) but RCI will always be my first cruising choice. However, I am in complete agreement, the Caribbean itineraries are the same as they were when I went on my first cruise on the Sovereign in '93 :eek: It's hard to justify spending twice the price for the same places I've already seen, although Oasis/Allure are destinations themselves and are on our "to do list." Still, new itineraries would be a welcome change!

I would love to see Jamaica gone. I do like the idea of 2 days in labadee. They could have a big beach party at night. It would be a great opportunity for royal to make all the money because you are on their island as well as the Haitians make more money and they need it so much. I see this as an awesome idea

Two days in labadee sounds like heaven!

I will just say that we have just booked an east and west back to back and are looking forward to visiting a few places we have been to 3 or more times - unfortunately Jamaica isn't on this list!!!

Steering away from the organised trips, there is so much to see away from the 'mass-market' bars... to nick a RC phrase "get out there".

I've been waiting for Bonaire and Turks & Caicos to be added to the ports of call on 7 or 8 day cruises but RCCL must have a reason that it hasn't happened. :mad:

My guess is that they don't go to Grand Turk because Carnival owns the port, just like RCI owns the port in Fallmouth. Grand Turk, not that great. They have a big Margaritaville with a pay flowrider. St. Kitts was okay did the Thenford Grey tour. No need to go to St. Kitts again. Once was enough. Not much to do there. The longer RCI cruises tend to add St. Kitts and SanJuan. I did those ports along with the other eastern ports on a 9 night Navigator cruise a year ago. 9 nights was amazing!

Us, too! And Freeport is worse than Nassau:(

Quick trip across the Atlantic, join the Vision in Copenhagen for a 7 day Norwegian fjords.......incredible prices, for May 4th.

Come see some of the other parts of the world. In a few days my gut tells me that Royal will even have lower prices.

We don't cruise just to cruise the Caribbean with Royal Caribbean.......try different parts of the world, and don't worry about what ports, in the Caribbean you have tried 33 times.:)

Rick

Vision's itineraries are great. But, I am not thrilled with sailing on that smaller, older ship. If RCI would do these with a Radiance class ship, I'd be on it in a flash!

Agreed, plus the Radiance ships easily do 24-25 knots which makes even Southern Caribbean ports accessible from a 7 day Fort Lauderdale or Miami (if Caribbean Princess can do Aruba and Curacao on a 7 day from FLL certainly Jewel or Serenade, can do it even easier). FWIW, 7 or 8 years ago, I was on Jewel during a medical emergency trip back to St. Maerten (having just left hours before) and according to the cabin TV she was doing 26.2 knots at night to catch up. One of her former captains is also on record saying "Jewel can reach speeds of better than 26 knots going forward" http://www.beyondships.com/RCI-JOS-MacDonald.html

Archived