Snorkel Park any good?

Tybro

Is Snorkel Park any good for snorkeling? I've been to some of thes manmade parks before and it seems like there's never much to see in the water. I'd like to hear from someone who has been here please.

Thanks

Is Snorkel Park any good for snorkeling? I've been to some of thes manmade parks before and it seems like there's never much to see in the water. I'd like to hear from someone who has been here please.

Thanks

We agree...didnt like it at all. $10 to get in , man made feel , broken glass everywhere...no exaduration... ALOT of it ... the time we spent there was the ONLY negative we had on our entire trip. Tobacco seemed like it was great for the kids and adults for snorkeling. Even knee deep you could see pretty fish and there were alot of nooks and crannys to explore. very natural too.

Thanks

Don't do it...... Even if it is free. You are cheating yourself........

While it isnt technically a Bermuda beach...we did have a nice time there last year.

Originally I said I would NEVER do Snorkel Park...however I got really badly burned our first day at Tobacco Bay (note to self NEVER EVER let DH put sun screen on my back again :eek: :rolleyes:) The kids & DH still wanted to snorkel & hit the beach, but I didnt want to travel to far incase I felt bad & needed to head back early (which turned out to be the case)

It wasnt nearly as gorgeous as the other beaches we have been to on Bermuda...but the snorkeling was AMAZING (according to DH & Kids) they were able to see a ton of fish that they had not seen at other beaches (Tobacco Bay & Horseshoe Bay) also they saw a large Octopuss.

I would reccommend however not going to Snorkel Park on the last day of your sailing (day 3) we peeked in last year and it was SLAMMED!!! Tons of people.

Here are a few pictures that I took when we were there.

sp3.jpg

sp2.jpg

sp1.jpg

Tobacco Bay in St. George is a highly rated snorkling beach. There is a snack bar right on the beach that you could sit at and see the kids in the water.

Quick question - that snack bar at Tobacco bay, does it sell alcoholic beverages by chance? :o

Quick question - that snack bar at Tobacco bay, does it sell alcoholic beverages by chance? :o

I would love to know this too.. Looking for a casual beach with a decent beach bar, nothing big, just a local place selling rum drinks. We are a little too spoiled by the BVI I think...

Robin

Thanks

It was fine for some time in the water and sun when it was free but not worth the fee. IMHO

Happy Cruising

Thanks

I know I'm one of few people but, I like going to Snorkel Park..it's a small manmade beach but I can walk there from the ship in only a few minutes..usually on the last day I just want an hour or so in the water..so sometimes I'll go to Hammerheads and have a cocktail and then go in the water for an hour or so..or the other way around..I've actually never paid money to get in..I guess my timing is just good...but I would pay $5 to go in..

Archived