Ok this may be a stupid question... But I could up use help

bmack0034

I booked an excursion on my own and not through carnival next month at 12 pm island time. Can I assume that the cruise ship and Tortola are on the same time? Thanks

1) It's not a stupid question. It's a vital question if you want to return home without a lot of trouble and expense.

2) Don't assume anything. The information will probably be in the daily sheet delivered to your cabin the night before. If not, ask.

It depends on when you cruise and from what port.

If your ship leaves from Florida during the period of time during which the USA observes daylight-savings time, your ship will stay on FLORIDA time. If your ship leaves from San Juan, which does NOT observe daylight-savings time, your SHIP TIME will be an hour EARLIER than that of a cruise out of Florida. If you're cruising out of San Juan, I believe the ship time and Tortola time will be the same, but this is something you can Google.

We ran into this on a cruise out of Galveston. OUR ship time was based on Texas, but we did excursions with passengers sailing out of Florida. Our tour guide kept telling us our time would be DIFFERENT than ship time, but it wasn't. We weren't sailing from Eastern Standard time.

The last poster was right. Ship time will be based on your departure port. Compare that with the time zone of your ports of call to determine how these compare. Don't assume anything.

Archived