Specialty Drinks for the Kids?

Stratus22

What kind of drinks do you buy your kids when they are on a cruise? My kids love smoothies and was wondering what kind of Non-alcoholic drinks we can purchase for our kids besides the usual milk, juice and soda's. Any kids favorites out there?

My now 8 YO grandson loves virgin strawberry margaritas. Just like his momma did! We buy the kids drink card so that he can get juices and fresh hot chocolate so consider it an extra. I'm not big on little kids drinking sodas.... but a margarita.... well now we're talking a whole new game LOL. It's a special treat that he gets when he is with grandma. The cup of cherries is extra.

On our last cruise on RCCL, our DD really enjoyed the Coca Cola Freestyle machine with her soda package (and the 3 frozen drinks that were included in our dinner at Rita's Fiesta). However, it looks like RCCL has now introduced a package for frozen virgin drinks as well: $20 for 7 seems like a bargain! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1819015

When I was a kid I learned the phrase "I'd like a virgin strawberry daiquiri, and charge it to my room please" at an alarmingly early age. (By 5 or 6, at least... my parents were in for a bit of a shock when they went to check out from the hotel on our Hawaiian vacation) My kids would never get away with that now. :D

They do like the Princess mocktails as well as Shirley Temples. (Sprite with grenadine). I let them order those.

Okay, curious what is a Miami Vice.

Funny story: my daughter was around 7 YOs old. She is sitting there drinking her strawberry margarita when this guy taps me on my shoulder and points to my child and says "excuse me, but is that a virgin". He gave himself a second for that comment to sink in. I have to admit, 25 years later and I still laugh. His expression was priceless when he realized what he actually asked.

Now that is some funny stuff!!!:D

Thanks everyone, I am writing all of these drinks down. I think my kids will have a blast with these!!!!! Hey, I may even drink a few of these myself!! Again, Thanks everyone!!

Archived