Barcelona Hotel Recommendation for family

Ajsis

We are booked for a cruise that departs 7/17 and will arrive one day early. I was hoping someone can recommend a hotel for our family. It will be myself, my mother and two children (11, 8). We would like to stay somewhere safe, reasonably priced and centrally located so we can see the city for the time we are there. I have looked at some of the hotels recommended in prior posts but many do not allow for 4. I would be willing to go with two rooms if necessary. Greatly appreciate any advice!

Have a look at my hotel list (link in my signature).

You will see a column indicating which hotels have rooms for more than 3 people.

Perhaps have a look at these

Acta Splendid - quadruple room (about €170). 5 minutes from Plaza Catalunya and Las Ramblas

Hotel Moderno - family room (about €170) - Centrally located just off Las Ramblas

Vilamari - family room (about €175) - Near Plaza de Espanya Metro Station. They do a special cruiser package including a bottle of Cava, Early/late check-in/out if available. Check with the hotel to see if the package is available for your date.

Hotel Moderno - probably the better location. Close to Las Ramblas and Liceu Metro station.

Hotel Vilamari – Not such a central location but if you are arriving early and their cruiser package is available you would be able to check in early.

I would contact Hotel Vilamari (recepcio@hotelvilamari.com) and find out what special cruise package they can offer you.

If they don’t offer much or if it doesn’t appeal to you then book Hotel Moderno

We love the Hotel Colon..... But the one "behind".... there are two of them... one faces the Cathedral and the other is behind.....

rates are always good and you can't beat the location.

Ernesto

The Hotel Colón (4 star) is the one facing the cathedral. The sister hotel behind is called Regencia Colón (3 star)

For the OP these would mean 2 rooms. The Regencia Colón would be about €100 each room and the Colón about €160 each room

Novotel Barcelona gets my vote, it is slightly more out of town. They have rooms that sleep up to 4 or you can get a second room with a discount.

It offers a breakfast too. The metro is next door and on the main tourist line, red line. It takes 10mins on the metro to Las Ramblas. It also has a rooftop pool. Around number 64 on tripadvisor.

There are hop on hop off buses over the road and it has a shopping mall next door, which also has a supermarket and cheap places to eat if you are on a budget.

Loads of my cruise buddies stayed here when I cruised with DCL, they liked it so much i chose it fir our mini break next week.

Top tip you can buy a T10 for around €10 for the metro and you can use the ticket between everyone, it's good for 10 trips on the metro.

Another hotel I looked at was the Conternental on Las Ramblas, as this offers free snacks and hot drinks, but I didn't care for the decor. I played staff and went with a hotel where I knew lots of people I know had stayed at and have booked again.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187497-d1532202-Reviews-Novotel_Barcelona_City-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

I paid €340 for three nights with breakfast for three of us.

Archived