Disney Christmas 2005

3travelalot

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm a widow and will be on the XMAS Cruise 2005. I'm taking my son who is 9. We went on a 4 day and enjoyed it so much!!!

Disney seated us with a single Mom and son on last cruise which made it so enjoyable and more comfortable for us!!! Hope to see you!!! Enjoy!!!

• 4 weeks later...

We will be in St. Maarten on Tuesday, 12/27. From the posts on the St. Maarten board, it appears that Joyce Prince is the numero uno guide on that island if not in the entire Caribbean. I was able to reserve a tour with her while we are there. There are 4 in my group - Me, my wife Linda, our daughter Lianne (13) and our son Eric (11). There is room in her van for up to 4 more, and we would not mind sharing with other cruise critic folk so long as they don't mind following our itinerary. I've cut and pasted our correspondence trail at the end of thismessage, so you can see what the tour is about. Anyone interested?

E:mail thread below:

Dan,

The price is $30 per person which includes beach pick up back to the ship.

Regards,

Joyce

Dan Blinn wrote:

Hello, Joyce. Thank you for the swift response.

There are 2 adults and 2 children in our party, aged 11 & 13. If we decide to book after hearing rates, can I forward the credit card info via e-mail? We will be prepared to confirm right away.

My wife and I visited St. Maarten on a ship in 1994; we will likely follow your suggested itinerary and would like a beach drop-off and pick-up.

We do have passports. Thank you for the alert, though; I had not heard of that change

Dan Blinn

----- Original Message -----

To: Dan Blinn

Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 9:50 PM

Subject: Re: Dan

Hello Dan,

thanks for your interest, However, i have had many requests for Dec 27 but no one has committed as yet. I reserve on a first confirm basis.

Let me know if you are interested. how many are in your party.

This is the basic 3 hour tour. You can choose what you want to do from this list

Please take note that during certain time of the year, ship time is different to Island time but I usually refer to Our Island time so you will have to make sure you turn your clock forward as the case may be. Also please find out if your ship docks or tenders because this will affect our meeting place. All these factors have to be established so we can save as much time as possible and get the best out of our day. Lastly please be sure of your ship departure time before you leave your ship.

Right after we meet at the time agreed upon, we will drive to the top of Monte Vista to get a beautiful panoramic view of Philipsburg, the (Dutch Town) and also to look down on your ship from above and take photos.

If you wish we will stop at the Guavaberry Factory for tasting (Optional) we will then drive down the Pondfill while I point out several important places and give you the history of the Great Salt Pond etc, we will then go to Rimas for great wholesale prices on interesting souvenir, beach towels, hats , bathing suits, wraps, beach cover-ups, beautiful sundresses for big and small and Island shirts. (Optional).

We will head to Marigot (the French Town) but not before, we stop for some more photo shoots. Drive through the Airport and the Simpson Bay Marina Area, on to the border where the French meets the Dutch. We will stop at a few of the beaches, the French fort, Marigot for shopping. (optional). Through Grand Case, the restaurant village, then along the coast while we take in some of the Island’s natural beauty. On Over to Orient (the nude beach) Optional.

We can design our tour to have lunch on the island if you choose.

If there is anything you heard about and want to make a stop, I will be delighted to do so.

Remember these are just some of the stops, if you want a longer tour like driving through the interior that can be arranged for an additional cost. If you want to be dropped at the beach and be picked up later, that can also be arranged at an additional cost.

If you wish to reserve the date, I request a credit card to hold it but the actual payment is requested in cash upon completion of the tour. If you wish to call in your credit card, you can call me anytime at 011-599-557-2182. After Sept.30th my new number will be

011-599-526-5252- Please take note of that. Once you reserve the date we will discuss meeting time and place

I will wait to hear from you. Please send all correspondence back with your reply

Warm regards,

Joyce

p.s. Just a little info: I have heard that after December 1, 2006 all Americans would need a passport to travel to the Caribbean, no more birth paper, so check it out especially if you do not have a passport.

Not going on this one, but we spent last Christmas on the Magic on the 10 day sailing and it was fantastic. Disney did a wonderful job with all the decorations. They had a tree lighting, giant gingerbread house, two differnt choirs (one children's choir, one castmember's). It was a wonderful experience. Enjoy!

Hi, Kris

There was just too much activity on that board for me to even try to keep up! I have posted there a few times. I'll rejoin that group a few weeks before the cruise but can't read everything that gets posted there - - god bless y'all, though! I think its great.

Archived