Passport/copies/originals/excursions

ctfamilyof5

We are taking the Carnival Glory Western itinerary this month. All of us have passports (DH, DS 9, DS 7, DD 4).

Questions- when leaving ship and going on excursions what do you take with you? I know you take your ship card (sea and sail) but do you take your original passport, just copies of passport? your license (and if so what about the kids?)

Asking because we are doing cave tubing in Belize and I don't want to leave original passports in excursion van and we can't really take them on river with fear of getting wet.

So what is REALLY needed to get on and off the boat in these places:

Cozumel

Belize

Roatan

Grand Cayman

What do you do?

Typically you will not need your passport except when initally boarding your cruise and when you finally get off the ship at the end of your cruise. We always carry photocopies and I also scan and secure email the scans to myself. Don't know how useful either would ever be, but they do make me feel better :)

Kids 16 and over need a photo ID and their Seapass card to reboard the ship. Adults need the same. When you consider that most cruisers who do closed loop cruises in the US don't have passports, it goes to show that you don't need to take them off the ship.

Archived