New Names for the Triumph

jtwanabe

I thought this tread was for information, not bashing Carnival, you all need to understand the reason for Cruise Critic, it is your kind of member that is giving this site a bad name.

No one's bashing Carnival. Just some cruisers expressing a little levity. Lighten up, and have a nice day.:)

Things to Ponder:

Does Neptune punish re-named boats in the order they were re-named in?

Does boat insurance cost extra for boats with changed names?

If you change a boat name, then change it back again, is Neptune okay with that or is he twice as angry??

If your boat had it’s name changed in the past, should you make every effort to find out the original name and change it back?

If you remove the old name because you do not want a name on your boat, have you “changed the name”?

If you name an un-named boat, did you “change the name” by giving it a new name?

Does Neptune, God of the “SEA”, care if you change the name of a boat on a lake or river?

If not, when a re-named boat re-locates from freshwater to salt will Neptune become angered?

If a re-named boat re-locates from saltwater to fresh is the curse broken?

Almost 90% of all named boats have already been re-named and those other 10% of newer boats will be re-named in the future. Are they all cursed?

For thousands of years, mythology dominated the story line in theatre. Boats and their names have an ancient, compelling and mystical component that lends itself nicely to this "story telling".

Proper maintenance and good seamanship know-how has proven to overcome the most luck-challenged of boats. (Theres a big clue for CCL and Companies)

For an amusing ceremony on how to appease the Sea Gods when changing your boat name, please visit Boat Renaming Ceremony and enjoy!

Credit to: https://www.boatnames.net/wiki.aspx/boat_name_myth

I thought this tread was for information, not bashing Carnival, you all need to understand the reason for Cruise Critic, it is your kind of member that is giving this site a bad name.

Lighten up, Francis.

I think I love you, can I buy you a drink :D

OH wait , wife says No :eek: :):D.

yesterday there was a post from someone that said Carnival management read this site and take notice. I can only imagine that reading so much negativity and nastiness here they would never bother to read them. I am amazed that there is so much negativity here. I am about to go on my first Carnival cruise and if I took all that is said here to heart I would cancel. So imagine that if I feel like that then other newcomers here must feel the same. So then why would Carnival like cruise critic, my bet is that they do not.

How about the Carnival Maybe?

As in, maybe there won't be a fire, maybe you will be towed to Progresso, maybe to Mobile, maybe you will get something to eat other than a mayo and onion sandwich, maybe the bus to finally get you home won't break down, and maybe the ship can remain tied to the dock.

yesterday there was a post from someone that said Carnival management read this site and take notice. I can only imagine that reading so much negativity and nastiness here they would never bother to read them. I am amazed that there is so much negativity here. I am about to go on my first Carnival cruise and if I took all that is said here to heart I would cancel. So imagine that if I feel like that then other newcomers here must feel the same. So then why would Carnival like cruise critic, my bet is that they do not.

And I would agree, Seriously Bill enjoy your cruise .

Archived