Port to Pink Gin Beach?

legalwife

Can anyone tell me how far Pink Gin Beach is from the port? Best way to get there? Is it do-able?

Since no one has answered I'll take a stab. A couple of months ago I tried to walk to Magazin Beach, which is just north of Pink Gin. I don't recommend the walk because a) it's hot and long and hot, and b) I couldn't find the beach.

This is because a) it's not marked and b) the directions I got from locals were not quite in English. I think I could find it if I went back.

But my advice is to take a taxi and make sure the person who takes you there knows where it is (as far as I can tell, the same access road that leads to Magazin). By car it isn't that far from port.

Since no one has answered I'll take a stab. A couple of months ago I tried to walk to Magazin Beach, which is just north of Pink Gin. I don't recommend the walk because a) it's hot and long and hot, and b) I couldn't find the beach.

Thanks Lard Greystoke. I appreciate your jumping in. It appears people don't post much about Grenada as on some of the other port stops.

Made me giggle with your hot and long and hot and then couldn't find the beach comment. :eek: I may need to re-think this little adventure... If we do it, I will def report back and WILL take a car with a hopefully knowledgable driver.

I do know they are opening a Sandals at Pink Gin so maybe it will become easier to find since they advertise so much.

Again, thanks for your help.

I'm going from memory from 10+ years ago and recall that LaSource was on Pink Gin Beach and the only way there was via auto. LaSource had a guardhouse at the entrance to the property and I doubt they allowed people not staying there to enter the property. There may be another was to get onto Pink Gin Beach and maybe somebody more knowledgable will answer.

Archived