Embassy Suites Miami Airport

sochie

Has anyone stayed here lately? Just booked for 1 night Pre-Cruise in December... How crowded is it 4 to a room? Do you know the price of a Taxi to the Pier for 4 people?

Any info is greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Nancy :confused:

We had booked Embassy for 1 night prior to our cruise on NOS last December. I booked the "Cruise Package" which included airport pick up and transfer from hotel to pier on cruise day. The price was $149.99 ($169.49 w/ tax!). However, I got the Holiday Inn MIA for $69 and all transports were included. We cancelled Embassy and stayed there - HOWEVER: we're booked on NOS again this December and I'm most likely going to book AND KEEP :eek: the Embassy Suites this time. Considering the cab fare from MIA to downtown hotels, then on to the pier on cruise day - I guess the Embassy Suites price doesn't sound too bad - and drinks and breakfast....

(Holiday Inn MIA is not a place I'd like to stay again: not a good area and not much to do at the hotel....we were able to walk across a couple of large intersections to get fast food - but just didn't feel safe.....)

Thanks for the reply, the price of the room is not an issue as I am using my Hilton Honors points for the room. We are even thinking about renting a car as we are coming into Ft Lauderdale...

Nancy

We did this in April with 2 adults and 3 kids. Flew red-eye into Ft. Lauderdale and rented a car. Arrived at Embassy at 7 am and was given a room (using Hilton Honors). Had breakfast, went to sleep and then drove around the afternoon and evening. Car rental places are about 2 blocks away from the hotel and provided free shuttles to Docks.

Room was decent. Hotel seems to be older but overall was clean. Free breakfast and cocktail hour are good for family of 5. For us it was cheaper to rent a nice SUV for a day and a half with the free shuttle, then it was to pay for a shuttle from airport to the hotel and then to the docks. Car was nice to have, you wouldn't want to do a lot of walking around the Embassy area.

We stayed there before our 8/2003 Navigator of the Seas cruise. an older Embassy Suites -- need refurbishing.

Do not have dinner at the hotel. It was expensive and terrible. Have the concierge make you a reservation at a recommened place. I remember there was a good Italian restaurant nearby that sent its own limo for you (whereever you go, take a cab, the area is not safe for walking). The shuttle to the port was great. We arranged it through the concierge and it was even a bit early. There were about 7 of us in the van.

Archived