Booked a 2C Gty...good or bad???

angel 77

I am sailing on our 2nd X cruise in October, a repo on the Summit, from Bayonne to San Juan (so excited!!). I got a great deal for a 2C Veranda GTY, but am worried about what the assignment will be. I choose that b/c there was only 1 remaining 2C but with a partially obstruction and 2 2B's both again with partial obstruction, but looks like lots of 2A's. For those of you with experience "readng the cards" how do you think I will do? I can upgrade to CC, but again the cabins seem to mostly be at the very back of the ship and not my preference.

Any advice??? :confused:

If you search they are 16 cabins (2Cs) that have much larger balconies. We booked a few weeks ago for Nov and the cabin is on my reservations...I hope we get to keep it.

Gail

Right now I am only seeing one 2C left for our sailing, so hoping that I go up from there, hopefully all the way to a 2A or better!!

That number will go up and down constantly. the cruise is no where near sold out. there is a group booking on that cruise and many travel agents have blocks of rooms booked as well. you could get your room assignment tomorrow or October......and it will most likely not be any of the rooms you think you see available. You are still months away from final payment.

Guarantees are great unless you are very picky or sensitive about location. If you are you should not even dream of a guarantee.....

I am on that sailing, come join our roll callhttp://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1631634&page=14

Presume you will get a 2C cabin with an partially obstructed view, if you do it's what you expected, if you get better its a bonus :)

I've just booked an inside gty for a sneaky extra cruise that I shouldn't really be taking! Happy to have been assigned a cat 9 inside mid ships on deck 10 :)

I'm a bit worried about having no balcony though as I've never cruised without one but I would rather be on the cruise in an inside cabin v not on the cruise (couldn't afford the extra £680/$1000 pp for the balcony gty) :eek:

I would keep looking at the prices to see if a room you

Really like/want comes available and then grab it,

Or just wait and see any cabin at sea on a cruise

especially on a southern Caribbean itinery has got

to be better than work,home,work,home.

Have a great time wish I was going👍

Archived