Miami airport to ship

I'm not totally updated, but my family and I are going on EOS july 3 and we have booked a one night stay at Intercontinental Miami (wich is about 500 m from the pier) the day before sailing. At their website (click here) they have an estimate of the total taxifare from MIA to the hotel at $20. I guess the price would be almost the same directly from the airport to the pier.

I was just wondering how far is the ship from MIA ? Is a taxi ride affordable?

Thanks for all your help it's very important.

The cheapest way to is to take the Alamo shuttle from the airport to the car rental location, then step over to the shuttle line that goes to the cruise terminal.:)

Legal limit in Miami-Dade county is 5 to a taxi. Current rate is $21 flat fee plus a 30 cent fuel charge. Two taxis is still cheaper and quicker than a limo service. Trip is only about 7 miles.

Its not that far but the traffic on the 836 is horrible during the work week so be aware of that. The Cab trip should be about 15- 20 mins he should grab the 836 east and get off in the downtown area once there the traffic is always bad :) Then its off to the port the Bridge that goes into the Port of Miami is sometimes a Pain in the butt, but you should be ok with 20 bucks and some change :) Oh you should pass by the American Airlines Arena and Bayside Market Place

We took the transfers from RCCL. They were great and worth every penny. We went last week and had no trouble. When we arrived in the baggage area a porter took us to the line for the bus and then took all of our bags outside to the truck. The porter also took the carryons that we did not want to take. The next time we saw our luggage was in our cabin !! The transfers were $24.00 per person, round trip.

All the cabs have set prices to the different areas. As posted before the flat fee of approx $21 (plus tip) from MIA to the port area (which is about 5 miles along the port area). If you are using cabs from anywhere in Miami, Miami Beach, Port, Airport, there are flat fees posted in all cabs.

There are some of the people carriers (7 seaters), and if you ask the person at the airport for one of these, he will find one from the queue of waiting cabs.

Enjoy the cruise.

You may want to see what hotels can pick you up from the airport and take you to/ from the seaport. If you fly in a day before and stay the night, mind ya.

sorry for asking this...does anyone know how much it is from the airport to the holiday inn (bayside)?

Figure on the taxi to Holiday Inn Bayside being about the same price as to the port. The port isn't all that far away from the Holiday Inn.

thanks for the info grvdggr...i have about 6 months of waiting left. navigator here we come.

Archived