Shertaton Ft Lauderdale Beach Hotel

heidi10

We stayed here couple times a few years ago. Just be aware that there are several buildings. And if views are impt you need to book accordingly. Prices will indicate best rooms. The hotel is split on two sides of the road. If you book on the priceline or hotwire for the best rates, the room will have a sliver of a view, if that, and not be furnished very nicely. (But good enough for a one night stay.) Check out tripadvisor for recent reviews and descriptions of the differnt rooms/bldgs.

We always stop in at Bahia Cabana restaurant across the street right on the marina. Very casual. Nice boaters view and kind of pretty at dusk. There is a major water taxi stop right there too.

There are two or three restaurants in the hotel. But we enjoy getting out and about. You will need to walk a bit to get to more restaurants. But it's a nice beach walk.:)

We stayed there two different nights back a year and a half a go. We price lined for like $85 and got it for two different stays. We did not have a great view of the ocean (yes just a sliver) but the room itself was very nice and I would go back there in a heart beat. We did not feel that using priceline affected our room at all.

Agree with others, lots of things within a reasonable walk from the hotel and we also ate at the Bahia Cabana and then took off for the day on the water taxi.

The best building at the Sheraton is the Beach Tower where the views are the best and you are smack on the sand.

As far as the close by Bahia Cabana, sure if you are looking to get a heart attack, their food will surely help!

No doubt more money, but you can walk next door to the Marriott Harbour Beach and eat more wisely and not with all the saturated fat in every dish at the Bahia Cabana.

Worldspan

132 cruises strong

I forgot about the Oasis. If it's nice out, you sit in the "swing" table booths. Decent food and menu. Across the street from the beach. Keep walking past it and you'll come across other places too. Or if doing the water taxi or cab your choices are many!

No doubt more money, but you can walk next door to the Marriott Harbour Beach and eat more wisely and not with all the saturated fat in every dish at the Bahia Cabana.

Worldspan

132 cruises strong

http://www.bahiacabanaresort.com/restaurant.htm

http://www.bahiacabanaresort.com/menu.html

We had wonderful fresh fish.. blackened for DH and grilled for me. Not everything on the menu is unwise. :rolleyes: As with most casual restaurants, the choice is up to the individual. Just depends on what one is looking for.

http://www.bahiacabanaresort.com/restaurant.htm

http://www.bahiacabanaresort.com/menu.html

We had wonderful fresh fish.. blackened for DH and grilled for me. Not everything on the menu is unwise. :rolleyes: As with most casual restaurants, the choice is up to the individual. Just depends on what one is looking for.

Breakfast here is also good! Well priced

Joanne

I stayed there last April , got it on PL, and got a room in beach tower w/ GREAT views! Bahia had a little store I bought a 6 pack of beers and sat on e beach and enjoyed my afternoon. I had a great stay, be sure to check out the " Merimaid Show" pretty cool.

thanks for letting me know about the merimaid show

Archived