Which would you choose?

pmama

We are a family of 4 with 2 girls aged 9 and 13. Please help me decide between these 3 options. All similar price:

1) RCCL Freedom Eastern Itinerary, 7 nights 1 inside cabin

2) RCCL Liberty Western, 5 nights, 2 staterooms (one balcony, one promenade)

3)Disney Dream Bahamas, 4 nights, one veranda stateroom.

The girls love Disney and have been asking to go on the new ship. Is it worth giving up more days and ports? We have sailed the Disney Magic and RCL Liberty before.

We are a family of 4 with 2 girls aged 9 and 13. Please help me decide between these 3 options. All similar price:

1) RCCL Freedom Eastern Itinerary, 7 nights 1 inside cabin

2) RCCL Liberty Western, 5 nights, 2 staterooms (one balcony, one promenade)

3)Disney Dream Bahamas, 4 nights, one veranda stateroom.

The girls love Disney and have been asking to go on the new ship. Is it worth giving up more days and ports? We have sailed the Disney Magic and RCL Liberty before.

If Freedom of the Seas (7-nights) was a balcony cabin, or above, then it will be my first pick. But since it is inside for 4 people, this will be my last pick. If you were able to get 2 insides, then is stil; better.

Between Liberty of the Seas 5-nights (1 inside and 1 balcony) and Disney Dream 4-nights (1 balcony), this is tough. I assume the Liberty of the Seas itinerary doesn't call Labadee, their private island. I will slightly prefer Disney Dream in your case... kids can only be 9 and 13 year-old once. Once they are older, they may not enjoy the "magic" of a Disney cruise as much as they are at their age now. Plus, it will call Castaway Cay ... lovely place!

If you have the opportunity to do a DCL now, then do it. We have done Disney cruise twice now. DCL has the best onboard product IMO, but it doesn't always give the best value. If I were able to find a DCL cruise that goes to the place we want to at a price we think is reasonable, then DCL will be our first choice ... but this rarely happens :D

Normally I would say the longer the better but maybe not in an interior cabin. Unless you are looking at one of the larger family interiors it will be tight. Since your girls love Disney, I would choose the Disney cruise.

Freedom, Liberty, Dream in that order. Inside cabins don't bother me. We do them frequently as a family...not a problem. I'd take a longer cruise over a shorter one. I've been to the Bahamas so many times. There isn't anything exciting about it to me. We enjoyed our Disney cruise but the premium was worth it once for the experience of it. We will never be regulars.

i go for longer vacation and hope for a price drop so you can upgrade...are the cruises around the same time? how often do you cruise?

if cruise a lot and want to experience disney's new ship then I might think of that but if you dont cruise as often, i would wait for a price drop and go on a 7 day disney...i had to book it a year in advance but got it for what i would normally pay RCCL on the allure/maybe oasis...

Freedom then Liberty then Disney.

If it were MY family - however - since it's yours and your girls are asking for the new Disney ship, then I would switch Disney to the first spot.

My girls never ask to do Disney again. Walt Disney World - yes. The Disney ships - never.

They keep asking for the Oasis ships :(

Archived