Carnival Ecstasy Questions

flgirl66

Hi all, does anyone know if the 5 day Carnival Ecstasy have lobster for a dinner entree option?

And, are you allowed to bring on one bottle of wine per person free of charge, if so does it have to be specific size and is there a corking fee?

Any insight regarding the ship and or ports is appreciated (Nassau and Half Moon Cay )

Thanks !!

I cant wait, I didnt get to go on last cruise booked a couple years ago due to work issues. I have only cruised once it was 11 years ago, was a short Carnival out of Tampa.

So this feels like my first cruise lol.

What about the entertainment, shows, on board things to do....suggestions??

I went to both of the shows (Motor City and The Brits) they were great. If you go to see the motor city show, be sure to join the cast in the conga line that takes the show right out to the atrium for even more fun.

My review is here;

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=114745

What about the entertainment, shows, on board things to do....suggestions??

Just got off the 4 night yesterday! The Motown Show was pretty good, but we really like Motown Music. I always play Bingo ! The comedian we heard was pretty good (adult show). The water park was a hit with the kids. Don't forget the 24 hour pizza and ice cream !

I went to both of the shows (Motor City and The Brits) they were great. If you go to see the motor city show, be sure to join the cast in the conga line that takes the show right out to the atrium for even more fun.

My review is here;

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=114745

DITTO on the conga line! Great place to people watch !

Ecstasy is a well-maintained ship with an exceptionally friendly crew - I enjoy her so much I've sailed her 3 times. The entertainment is, frankly, so-so - but if the guy in the piano bar is really good, that helps a lot. And needless to say, you won't go hungry - I suggest a Bloody Mary and an omelet every morning on the Serenity deck (one deck below the buffet where you get said B.Mary & omelet).

Half Moon Cay is just gorgeous.

Hope you have a great time!

Just got off the 4 night yesterday! The Motown Show was pretty good, but we really like Motown Music. I always play Bingo ! The comedian we heard was pretty good (adult show). The water park was a hit with the kids. Don't forget the 24 hour pizza and ice cream !

Good to know!!! Just us two adults (in our 40's) traveling.

How was the weather?

Any other tips?

We are driving from Orlando and plan on using park and cruise.

We just got off her last Thursday and had a blast! We also did the Park & Cruise. It was very easy to find and they were very quick to get us to the ship. The weather was perfect the week we went. High 70's to low 80's. I will write a detailed review with lots of pics soon. :)

Champagne is wine, so I don't see an issue. They never even looked at the bottle of wine I brought on, except via the x-ray machine.

Were you happy with Park and Cruise? They seem to be the best price.

Were you happy with Park and Cruise? They seem to be the best price.

I did cruise parking of port Canaveral (everybody confuses them with Park and Cruise) In any case, they were great, cheap, quick, secure and friendly. When we were returning from the Ecstasy we stopped at Park and cruise to pick up someone who got on the wrong shuttle lol.

Park-n-Cruise works EXCELLENT for me as well. I've used them four times now, and always got outstanding service. If you're a U.S. Military vet, ask for the discount for that as well.

Ecstasy is really a nice cruise, and I agree that you shouldn't miss the activity in the atrium after the show in the theater. GREAT fun!

Have a wonderful cruise!

"SKY"

Thanks for the quick reply, we will probably just enjoy on our own. Is a corkscrew okay to bring on board?

Note: our cabin steward did not have a corkscrew. We had to call room service to use one. I felt bad for bothering them for that.

Good to know!!! Just us two adults (in our 40's) traveling.

How was the weather?

Any other tips?

We are driving from Orlando and plan on using park and cruise.

Our first day was at Sea and a little overcast. In Nassau and Little Stirrup weather was absolutely wonderful. I too used Park N Cruise and I will warn you........make sure before you pull in the "little building" where you unload and pay that you have everything you need. They pushed "passengers out of the way" put the driver in the drivers seat and sent me to the pay station. We felt EXTREMELY rushed and didn't even realize until we got on the boat that several items were missing (binoculars for example). If you make certain everything is in a bag and you have taken the time to gather your belongings PRIOR to pulling in you should be fine. No complaints regarding them otherwise. We purhased FTTF and it was well worth it. Service, food, rooms, staff....we were pleased with everything!

A co worker who cruises often said some ships will let you bring in a six pack of beer in lieu of bottle of wine, is that true?

Also, can we on bottled water, juice, soda as well as the wine?

A co worker who cruises often said some ships will let you bring in a six pack of beer in lieu of bottle of wine, is that true?

Also, can we on bottled water, juice, soda as well as the wine?

Don't know about the beer but you can carry on water and sodas. Check their website for quantities.

Archived