Caribbean Weather

*CruiseFan*

Alrighty folks.

I need to ease the mind (if I can) of my boyfriend is getting a little paranoid about the weather forecasts he sees right now for all of our ports next week. I know that the percentage of rain in Miami has dropped significantly since I last checked (from 60% to 30% according to weather.com), however he is worried because the ports for next Tuesday and Thursday show showers.

Last year we were worried that a tropical depression would bother our cruise and we saw rain for everyday up until the very last minute. My mother and I had GORGEOUS weather last year on the Rhapsody and I REALLY want to have beautiful weather this year for my cruise with my boyfriend.

What makes him even more worried is that on our last cruise on the Conquest, we had pretty weather in Cozumel and Jamaica, however in Grand Cayman it was nice for around half the day then rained. To be honest it rained every single day starting with the evening when we got on the ship. It was nice a half day that Monday then rain. The last Saturday on ship, nice half the day I believe.

Basically we had very crummy cruise weather on our last cruise together (and his last vacation). I wanted to know if any of y'all have had terrible forecasts and then had phenomenal weather or did it hold pretty true looking at what was forecast a week out? I really want him to be able to lay in the sun and enjoy himself - he works hard and he needs the vacation :)

I say it's just caribbean weather - it's always forecast to rain but rarely actually downpours. I'm hoping that I'm right!

Thoughts?

Thank you Chuck, that is EXACTLY what I needed to hear! I appreciate you saying that because it makes me feel better and I'm excited to tell him that someone agrees with me.

He is just really paranoid because of the crummy weather we had the entire cruise last time. He works really hard and he REALLY needs this break. I know it's a cruise and we'll have a great time, but he is looking more forward to laying on the deck in the sun by the pool and going to the beach!

Thanks again!

Archived