Le Gallion Beach

I will be in St. Martin this June and my wife and 9 & 5 year olds are wanting a nice and relaxing beach day. I've reserarched Le Gallion beach and it seems really nice for families. Does anyone have any suggestions on this beach? Also, how much was a taxi from port to this beach? Thanks! :)

I will be in St. Martin this June and my wife and 9 & 5 year olds are wanting a nice and relaxing beach day. I've reserarched Le Gallion beach and it seems really nice for families. Does anyone have any suggestions on this beach? Also, how much was a taxi from port to this beach? Thanks! :)

It's a lovely calm and shallow beach with a couple of floating docks. Nice and relaxing sums up Le Galion nicely. The taxi costs the same as Orient. http://www.taxistmaarten.com

The taxi information is very helpful.

We will be in st Martin next week on the freedom of the seas & last I checked there will be 7 ships in port. We (husband, myself, & our 5 yr old) plan to visit la galion beach. Does anyone know if it will be crowded?

We also plan to visit the butterfly farm and possibly Marigot for one of the famous bakeries. Does anyone have recommendations for the best way to get around or for the order in which we should do this?

Thanks! :)

The taxi information is very helpful.

We will be in st Martin next week on the freedom of the seas & last I checked there will be 7 ships in port. We (husband, myself, & our 5 yr old) plan to visit la galion beach. Does anyone know if it will be crowded?

We also plan to visit the butterfly farm and possibly Marigot for one of the famous bakeries. Does anyone have recommendations for the best way to get around or for the order in which we should do this?

Thanks! :)

Honestly if you are not intending to go to Marigot to visit the market/fort then I would just skip it unless you rent a car. I don't think a pastry is worth the effort or expense, and I like pastries.:)

The butterfly farm is best enjoyed in the am before it gets too hot. You can walk to Le Gallion in 4 minutes or so from there.

Le Galion is busiest on the weekends, holidays and summer school vacation as it is very popular with the island residents.

We spent last Friday at this beach and made for a nice day. A short 20 minute cab ride, $7pp ea way, $15 for two loungers/umbrella. We arrived around 10:30a and shared the beach with only couple dozen others until early afternoon at which time locals and others visiting the island began to show up. It never became crowded prior to our departing around 3:30p. There were two ships in port. Would not hesitate to return, very family oriented. Yes, there were one or two topless ladies but somewhat discreet. Enjoy.

Archived