Deck 9 Forward Stateroom, Need peace of mind

I booked a category 8B on the Disney Fantasy and at the time of booking I had a GTY (guaranteed room). I just got assigned today a stateroom in forward in the second room from the front. I was hoping for a room in the aft and now I'm a little nervous...has anyone ever been in a room this much forward on Disney before??????? My actual room number is 9002. I did book through a TA. HELP?!? Thanks.

I was in 9004 on Dream about 18 months ago, and had no problems. We LOVED the huge porthole! It's very quiet at the end of the corridor, but it was a bit of a walk from the elevator, especially if you accidentally take the aft elevator :rolleyes:!

Beth

Thanks Beth! Do you know if those rooms have bunk beds or a murphy bed? Did you have kids with you? If so, how did they like it? Was this area fairly quiet? Did it seem like you were far away from everything? That's one of the reasons why I liked the idea of being in the aft because it seems there are more things to do on the top decks on the back of the ship....

I've decided to stick with our current room assignment. When I presented our options to the family last night my 9 year old daughter says "but Daddy I really want to sit in the window"! So there we have it, decision is made! I've read quite a few reviews of others who have been in a forward room and they all have said the same thing that it is quiet and fairly close to elevators, etc. Thank you all for your answers. Only 50 days!!! :)

To the OP: when you purchased the guaranteed room, what were you expecting?

To answer your question, I wasn't sure what to expect. I've never done this kind of room before (probably won't do again). I went through a TA and was told that even if it's a GTY room that I can still request forward or aft which I requested aft and then found out after the room was assigned that requests don't matter for GTY you get assigned where there's openings. Anyway, I'm good now and thankful that we will be able to do something like this for our first family vacation.

We were aft and right near the back. It didn't seem THAT far and it was super quiet.

But honestly, we found we were forward SOOOO many times (especially at night after shows) that we had to walk the LONG hallway back to aft so I bet you find it isn't bad at all!

• 1 month later...
We just booked our stateroom and we are in room 9516. Does anyone have any past experience or pictures for this room? Any information will be helpful!!!

Which ship are you sailing on?

I could probably find something out for you..

I almost was directly below you in 8510 last year. The only noise was associated with bumps and thuds from the murphy beds, etc. being lowered. Long walk to pool, buffet - but I didn't mind it. Overall - good location.

Archived