Why do some cruises have $50 deposit??

Im getting married Feb 1, 2014 on the Carnival Fantasy in Charleston, SC. The cruises are alot cheaper that time of the year. Me and fiance both have large families so the 50 non sailing guest is a squeeze. Our deposits are $200 and ive got quite a few complaints about that deposit amount. They all told me the deposits were only $50 when they cruised so I called Carnival and asked about it and they said it musta been a promotion. Are their any other ways to go about getting a $50 deposit or cheaper deposits for my guest?

They (CCL) used to do cheaper group deposits, but stopped that at least two years ago. The only time I have seen cheapish deposits is during their "sales" when they do a 50% deposit. The downside to those is that if there is a price drop people have been having issues because they didnt pay a full deposit.

That $25 Deposit How long did it hold Ur cabins for??? I have Never heard of this before??

I have heard off the 50% off deposit sale, but as U say If there was a price drop U wouldnt get it.. I ALWAYS book the ES rate so I can get me some Credits (those Rates work best for me and mines)

In my heart The $250 Deposit (well in my case since im going on that lovely Spanking Brand New Breeze for 6 days) isnt that much ESP for those that really want to go and you gave them notice??? I gave my people 14 months notice. Those that Really want to be there, will be there and wont/havent made me feel bad about the price (not saying Ur folks are) but I would pay that $200 deposit anyday to insure i would be under the Early Saver Rate.. OH maybe an idea is the more people in the Cabin??? I believe after the 2nd person in the Cabin #3, & 4 person Deposit is lesser. then maybe the can al divide it =, I dont knowwwwwww on this one :(

Goooooood Luck and I hope U have Fun Planning everything :) Just remember this is YOUR'S and YOUR SOON to Be HUBBY Day:D I TRUELY HAD TO MAKE SOME PEOPLE FALL BACK, THIS IS MY DAY AND I LOVE YALL, BUT I WONT LET NONE OF YALL STRESS ME OUT EVEN MORE THEN I ALREADY AM.. SO For Us making the Wedding on the 1st Day of the Cruise, Gave them the Option to either NOT Cruise, Or Cruise but either way Both Options allow them to Come on the Ship to Our Wedding :)

That $25 Deposit How long did it hold Ur cabins for??? I have Never heard of this before??

I have heard off the 50% off deposit sale, but as U say If there was a price drop U wouldnt get it.. I ALWAYS book the ES rate so I can get me some Credits (those Rates work best for me and mines)

In my heart The $250 Deposit (well in my case since im going on that lovely Spanking Brand New Breeze for 6 days) isnt that much ESP for those that really want to go and you gave them notice??? I gave my people 14 months notice. Those that Really want to be there, will be there and wont/havent made me feel bad about the price (not saying Ur folks are) but I would pay that $200 deposit anyday to insure i would be under the Early Saver Rate.. OH maybe an idea is the more people in the Cabin??? I believe after the 2nd person in the Cabin #3, & 4 person Deposit is lesser. then maybe the can al divide it =, I dont knowwwwwww on this one :(

Goooooood Luck and I hope U have Fun Planning everything :) Just remember this is YOUR'S and YOUR SOON to Be HUBBY Day:D I TRUELY HAD TO MAKE SOME PEOPLE FALL BACK, THIS IS MY DAY AND I LOVE YALL, BUT I WONT LET NONE OF YALL STRESS ME OUT EVEN MORE THEN I ALREADY AM.. SO For Us making the Wedding on the 1st Day of the Cruise, Gave them the Option to either NOT Cruise, Or Cruise but either way Both Options allow them to Come on the Ship to Our Wedding :)

The $25 rate was through a Travel Agent. My husband re-proposed to me on our 17th anniversary in Vegas. At that time, we were planning on renewing our vows in Vegas, but after our cruise last year, I decided that everyone would be able to afford a cruise a lot more than Vegas. Long story short, these people had 3 YEARS to save and plan for our vow renewal. In the beginning, we had over 30 people who said that they were coming. The travel agent also said that for every 8 cabins booked, we would receive 1 passenger free. It might be worth it for you to look into booking with a travel agent. Bottom line is that we are cruising on Sunday, and out of our 30+ group, we now have 7, including myself, husband and 2 kids. I was disappointed, but I feel the same way that you do, if they wanted to be there bad enough, they would have made it happen. Also, you are correct about adding passengers to the cabin, 3rd and 4th passenger are cheaper. The way that I figured it was to average the cost to make it cheaper for everybody. Good luck with your planning

Congrats :) Yeah it kills me how everyone wants to go, and U give them SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much time, When it gets down to it, its all talk.. 3 Years to plan come on now, they could have set aside $20 a month and paid that thing off and still took some more trips. lol

I always book my Cruises through my CCL agents.. We rock hard :) I dont even have enough to cabis I think I have about 6 or 7 almost. But Yeah she told me or I knew about the 8 cabins and the one free or how ever u want to use ur points. lol Most to all my crew is leavin after the Wedding is over. I just hope there Drunk butts make it to the Hotel Safely... lol.. Thanks for everything

CONGRATS TO YOU AND ROCK IT ON SUNDAY BOO :0)

The $25 rate was through a Travel Agent. My husband re-proposed to me on our 17th anniversary in Vegas. At that time, we were planning on renewing our vows in Vegas, but after our cruise last year, I decided that everyone would be able to afford a cruise a lot more than Vegas. Long story short, these people had 3 YEARS to save and plan for our vow renewal. In the beginning, we had over 30 people who said that they were coming. The travel agent also said that for every 8 cabins booked, we would receive 1 passenger free. It might be worth it for you to look into booking with a travel agent. Bottom line is that we are cruising on Sunday, and out of our 30+ group, we now have 7, including myself, husband and 2 kids. I was disappointed, but I feel the same way that you do, if they wanted to be there bad enough, they would have made it happen. Also, you are correct about adding passengers to the cabin, 3rd and 4th passenger are cheaper. The way that I figured it was to average the cost to make it cheaper for everybody. Good luck with your planning

Congrats :) Yeah it kills me how everyone wants to go, and U give them SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much time, When it gets down to it, its all talk.. 3 Years to plan come on now, they could have set aside $20 a month and paid that thing off and still took some more trips. lol

I always book my Cruises through my CCL agents.. We rock hard :) I dont even have enough to cabis I think I have about 6 or 7 almost. But Yeah she told me or I knew about the 8 cabins and the one free or how ever u want to use ur points. lol Most to all my crew is leavin after the Wedding is over. I just hope there Drunk butts make it to the Hotel Safely... lol.. Thanks for everything

CONGRATS TO YOU AND ROCK IT ON SUNDAY BOO :0)

LOL...that's what I told them all, they could have saved a very small amount every week, but, whatever :D I just read your review on the Freedom, and it made me even more excited (if that's possible..lol) to get on that ship on Sunday! Congrats to you too, and I hope that your wedding will be all that you dreamed of.

Archived