Booking same day to Peggy's Cove

We would like to visit Peggy's Cove when we arrive in Halifax, however we would prefer to wait until we get there to decide whether or not to go (we do not want to pre-book) and would like to know if there are tours available that can be booked on the spot-same day-at the pier or near the pier. Does anyone know?

Thanks for your replies! :)

There are taxis and limos right at the pier that you can book when you arrive. This is what my Mom and I did. There was another couple also looking to do the same so we shared the same taxi with them and had a nice time. It took about an hour to get to Peggy's Cove and our driver gave us an hour at Peggy's Cove.

Hmmm... it was more then renting a car. I think our share (with tip) was around $80 or so. It may sound a little on the high side but I didn't have to drive and got to enjoy the views. We had a really nice cab driver too.

My son worked for the Tour Company who arranged most of the excursion to Peggy's Cove from the pier. It is as simple as handing over your sea pass card to the tour representative at the pier and your account will charged. Same price as what everybody else on your ship paid.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

My son worked for the Tour Company who arranged most of the excursion to Peggy's Cove from the pier. It is as simple as handing over your sea pass card to the tour representative at the pier and your account will charged. Same price as what everybody else on your ship paid.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

That is great to know! Thank you!!

Can you book any tour companies that aren't related to the cruise lines? I'd rather not rent a car/drive if possible and usually booking a tour on one's own is less expensive than the cruise tour. Anyone have any recommendations?

I am finding that it was easier finding tours in the ports for my Panama cruise than New England/Canada cruise.

Can you book any tour companies that aren't related to the cruise lines? I'd rather not rent a car/drive if possible and usually booking a tour on one's own is less expensive than the cruise tour. Anyone have any recommendations?

I am finding that it was easier finding tours in the ports for my Panama cruise than New England/Canada cruise.

If you go on trip advisor there are lots listed there. Here's the link.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attractions-g154967-Activities-c42-Nova_Scotia.html

If you only want to see the rocks as little as half an hour would do. However it is good to wander around the fishing cove and perhaps check into one or two shops. Most people would want to spend at least an hour and perhaps two.

If you take a private tour or your own car, consider stopping at Ryer's Lobster pound on the way back to Halifax for fresh cooked lobster.

Archived