Bring the large Stroller or not?

Westh2o

My wife and I are traveling next weekend on the Allure with our 10 month old son. DW wants to bring the big stroller so he can sleep in it and because it has a nice sunshade, she can go on the jogging track with it ect.

I would prefer a really nice umbrella stroller because the other stroller is just going to take up a ton of space.

Any advice out there?

Also how the heck do we go anywhere on a tour without a car seat? Does RCCL have car seats we can rent? I sure hate to lug one on the trip but don't relly see any other option.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice.

Westh2o :confused:

I wouldnt take the big one, the rooms are small as it is. We have a chicco one that reclines almost flat and has a nice shade. I would look for something like that. Cant help with the carseats though, we just stay near ports for this reason.

We had the Chicco liteway and loved that it was compact and fully reclined, however the front of the hood warped in the heat on 2 different strollers so we decided to give up on the Chicco and opt for the Maclaren Quest. It doesn't recline as far back as the Chicco, but it does the job. The quality is great, way better than Chicco. I wouldn't take a full size stroller on the cruise.

Many taxis and buses are exempt from car seat regulations. We hired a limo to take us from WDW to Port Canaveral and they said the seats were not required for the 7 year old and 2 year old. This will be true in most ports.

My vote is for the umbrella stroller. It was the right size to get through some tight places on the ship.

For car seats, look at the Radian65 or Radian80. They actually fold in half, have a very narrow profile, and you can carry them with you. I've traveled alone with a 4 mos old and 5 yr old, a carry-on bag, and the car seat. The design of the seat made it easy to handle. Plus they are great seats that your child will have for a very long time.

RE: Your stroller question. I would take the "bigger" stroller that reclines - I have travelled with the city mini on 3 cruises and had not problems. Actually, glad we took it.

We cruised on the Allure last year and I brought the City Select (double seat stroller) and had no problems getting around.

The only disadvantage in my opinion with a regular size stroller is that you need to take your child out of the stroller when you get to your room and fold up the stroller to get it in the room.

Which one? I need to buy a new one because the one I have is from my almost 7 yo and the lowest price I see is $139.

Oh you're right! Sorry, we have the lightweight, not liteway. $79 on amazon. It was $69 a few weeks ago when we got it.

My wife and I were in toys r us looking at the $160 price tag and thinking forget it. Then the idea of Craigslist popped into my head. Guess what? CRACO lightweight stroller = $35 sold!

It's brand new too! Gotta love Craigslist!

My wife and I are traveling next weekend on the Allure with our 10 month old son. DW wants to bring the big stroller so he can sleep in it and because it has a nice sunshade, she can go on the jogging track with it ect.

I would prefer a really nice umbrella stroller because the other stroller is just going to take up a ton of space.

Any advice out there?

Also how the heck do we go anywhere on a tour without a car seat? Does RCCL have car seats we can rent? I sure hate to lug one on the trip but don't relly see any other option.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice.

Westh2o :confused:

Our DD's first cruise was when she was 13 months old. We bought an easily collapsible Inglesina Swift stroller, and didn't bring her carseat. When going on the ship-sponsored excursions, we held her.

We cruise next month with our 9-month old. I have also bought the Inglesina Swift and it will make its debut there (we use a huge Joolz Day at home). We don't intend to bring a car seat but we have requested for all our excursions operators (we're not taking ship-arranged excursions) and our transfer operators to have a car seat in the vehicle and all have agreed to do so.

Archived