Tabyana Beach or Parrot Tree

TiaGr

I was at Tabyana almost one month ago (doesn't seem possible!) and thought it was beautiful. The facilites were clean, the beach was large with wonderfully white sand and the water was crystal clear. The crowd was large but you could wander in either direction and find some open space, if you like. A few small tables with local crafts and food/drinks are available. Snorkel gear and kayaks are cheap to rent. I didn't go, but others said the snorkeling was better right there than on excursions elsewhere on the trip.

Heard from others onboard that Parrot Tree was dirty, had misc. insects and was not recommended at all. Glad we picked Tabyana.

Have a wonderful time! I'd give anything to be going again! :)

Is there any shade? Tiki huts, etc.? What kind of food is available for purchase? What time does this tour start? Thinking it would make sense to get there early and then leave around 1:00 or so to go back to the ship for lunch. How often does the transportation run you back and forth from the ship?

We went to Tabyana Beach on our May 29 Valor cruise. The area is beautiful and we didn't find it too crowded. Got a 30 minute massage for $25 which was very nice. The only downside was several people were bit by sand flea's and had very itchy bites. I'd go again.

Listen to Gquest: everything he said about Tabyana is dead on.

msnsawyer: There is lots of shade which is nice. Maybe 25 yards from the water there are a lot of palm trees and other trees that provide ample shade if you want it. Leaving isn't a problem, you just have to wait for a bus to be filled and then you're on your way back. So leaving at 1pm should be no problem. I think the last buses leave at 2:15.

Listen to Gquest: everything he said about Tabyana is dead on.

msnsawyer: There is lots of shade which is nice. Maybe 25 yards from the water there are a lot of palm trees and other trees that provide ample shade if you want it. Leaving isn't a problem, you just have to wait for a bus to be filled and then you're on your way back. So leaving at 1pm should be no problem. I think the last buses leave at 2:15.

Ahhhh......At least someone is backing me up. Thanks GatorClaw. The bottom line is Tabyana is amazing, even if it is crowded. Take my advise and go there - you will have a blast. Make sure to do the canopy tour.

Archived