Taking water on board

Can you take your own water onboard.When we went on the FOS people had water they had bought on shore delivered with there luggage to the cabin saving money to ship prices.We are going on the INDI to the Med any help please!!!!:confused::confused::confused:

Probably depends where you are sailing out of and what crew is working. Sailed on Enchantment 2 weeks ago out of baltimore. I was going to put tag on it and check it. When got to the pier, they said that i would have to carry it on myself. So I did, I walked it on the ship. No one else said anything about me walking on with a case of water on the ship.

We always take water/soda when we cruise. I put it in a cooler tote and check it. never had a problem. For our B2B on Jewel in a few weeks I plan to put soda in a cooler and then put it in a small suitcase and check it. Will take empty water bottles to fill on the ship as I am fine with the ships water.

Can you take your own water onboard.When we went on the FOS people had water they had bought on shore delivered with there luggage to the cabin saving money to ship prices.We are going on the INDI to the Med any help please!!!!:confused::confused::confused:

I post this link on every thread that asks this question becuase it they do not let your water or soda on, its not a shock. More often it gets on then not but one day they may really enforce the rule they have made!!;)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details/print.do?faqId=260&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqType=faq

I took bring water on board every cruise out of Florida without a problem. What I would like to know do these same lenient rules apply in Barcelona.

Anyone bring a case of water on board in Barcelona?

Took an 18 pack on Explorer a couple weeks ago, put two luggage tags taped on it and gave it to the porter along with my luggage. It made it to the room with the luggage. Hey if not I was only out $4.00! :)

We took water on board to "mix" formula for my granddaughter when she was 9 mos. old. No problem (a few gallons of nursery water). Others brought on standard water bottles. A few weeks later water wasn't allowed on board the VOS. Reason?? It was spring break and the ship was worried about Vodka coming onboard in the water bottles. People were told they could pick up their water at the end of the cruise. I think this is why sometimes it's allowed or not allowed.

Had some in a soft sided cooler last week, no problems getting it delivered to the room.

I thought the regular water onboard was drinkable?

Yes it is. In fact it's made by reverse osmosis which is the same way most bottled water is made. It's also how we purify water for dialysis.

But don't try to convince people of that, it's hopeless.

Archived