Is RCI's Quantum better than Breakaway?

London-Calling

The Oasis and the Allure have intrigued me for quite a while, but never booked because I felt their prices were a little high, though they have come down some. We are finally looking at the Oasis for next summer.

Bumper cars I have never liked nor would I have any interest in the skydiving. But for those people who claim a cruise is boring and really need lots of activities to keep them going the RCL ships may just fulfill that need.

The Oasis and the Allure have intrigued me for quite a while, but never booked because I felt their prices were a little high, though they have come down some. We are finally looking at the Oasis for next summer.

Bumper cars I have never liked nor would I have any interest in the skydiving. But for those people who claim a cruise is boring and really need lots of activities to keep them going the RCL ships may just fulfill that need.

We were on the Allure and you'll love this class, go to rccl board b/c there are a few differences between Oasis and Allure, but not probably enough to tell.

What seems to be attracting more attention are the virtual balcony interior staterooms. They have an 80" projection on the wall of the exterior view of the ship.

I think these are the coolest thing going in the industry. I like Disney's too and they invented the technology (plus they have the cool character pop ups) but RCCL took it one step further. I would love to see these in person.

Oh, but in the Breakaway vs. Quantum debate, I choose neither. I pick Getaway. :)

It's not going to Bermuda. To be honest, as soon as I heard they were home-porting from "the New York area" (Bayonne), I figured they would compete directly with Breakaway's Bermuda runs. But nope. Instead, Quantum of the Seas is going to sail 7, 8, 11, and 12 night cruises to Port Canaveral/Bahamas, Southern Caribbean, and Eastern Caribbean ports.

Here's the link to the Quantum Blog with the info on itineraries:

http://www.******************.com/2013/04/16/royal-caribbean-releases-quantum-seas-itineraries

Starting May 2015 until Early September 2015 it will. The QOS will follow the 5 Day Bermuda, 9 day Eastern Carribean/Bermuda Schedule rotation. The official schedule is not released, but you can count on it !!!!

I would like to try the Quantum class RCL ship, but... I will most likely try NCL Breakaway first. Both ships look awsome and I love this new age of cruise ships. The NCL still is my first pick due to the fact they have it when it comes to the multiple dinning options. RCL is still a bit pricy for like itinerarys and I personally do not see or feel much difference between the cruising experience between them, other than NCL hands down on dinning.

The LCD wall inside look nice but I imagine I would still be sailing in a balcony or above cabin.

I hope too RCL commits to having the outside and ocean being a major attraction, like the promenade area on Breakaway. Thats why I cruise too, being at sea. I am sure I would have a great time on a Oasis class ship, but it appears that the focus is internal instead of seaward. I have not sailed her so I may be wrong. I am hoping that trend doesn't continue.

I too feel that us North Eastern folk are the winners here. We got quality choice on multiple cruise lines! What ever floats our boat.

Jon

Archived