Not Potty Trained 2 year old on a Carnival Glory

aehusk

I just found out that my son, who will be a little over two at the time we cruise, and I'm assuming won't be potty trained, will not be able to go in the pool on the Carnival Glory... What am I supposed to do? I didn't realize this and thought he could just wear a swim diaper (I understand WHY it's this way) and we have two days at sea, what did you do with your young child in instances like this?

We went on quite a few cruises before my girls were potty trained and able to use the pools. We would go dancing wherever music was playing, go for walks around deck, find an empty lounge with a blow up ball and run around, at that age they loved even just finding an empty area of lounge chairs and climbing on the chairs, putting the backs up & down, etc. And, their favorite part of Carnival - ice cream cones available all day on deck. Also, he can go to the kids club to play if you want.

Best,

Mia

Thank you everyone for the ideas! I have a daughter who's 13 months older, so I'm hoping he'll want to copy her and might be potty trained (during the day, probably not at night) at that point. All the ideas are great, even if we could go to the pool, it would get boring for a 2 and 3 year old anyway, so we'll do a lot of these ideas as well!

My kids are also close in age (16 months apart), my oldest is 3, my youngest just turned 2 last week. I'm hoping he watches her & learns soon too :)

A lot of ppl on here recommend bringing the blow up duck tub (at target, Walmart, babies r us, etc) and filling it up on deck letting your little one play & splash around in that.

Yeah, it's not so bad. Mine just liked playing in empty rooms or walking on deck, swimming in the oceans. And yes camp carnival.

This is what we plan to do. Too many people in and around the pool IMHO for such a small child to have fun anyway. Not to mention the salt water. I am sure my ds would hate the salt water. There are lots of things to see and do to entertain a 2 year old. They love to walk around and explore and there are many places for that.

You will have plenty of port days where you can do beach excursions for swimming. When mine were two we played ball in the empty lounges (blow up beach ball), chased the lights in the disco, walked around, danced to the music (although Carnival took away the live deck music now). We brought toys with us to play at the table on deck. There is plenty to do an see.

I wasn't worried about the port days, I was just worried about the days at sea, but all these ideas are great. So my ignorance is setting in here, I can just bring a blow up pool like you mentioned, blow it up and fill it out on the public deck without a problem? If so, that's perfect! I appreciate all the suggestions!

It's a blow up bath tub. You blow it up, place it between two lounge chairs away from the crowded pool area and fill it with a bucket or two of water. When toddler is done, you can empty it into one of the drains. Also doubles as a bathtub in your cabin if you only have a shower.

Best,

Mia

We are using our upcoming cruise as the incentive to potty train DD (2 years 4 months when we sail on Allure). She's been using the potty some, but we are really trying hard starting next week (she's definitely ready).

She loves swimming & goes nearly weekly with her grandparents so not being able to be in the pools or main splash area would really upset her. At least there is something for her in case we don't succeed and a lot of other non swimming activities.

Because of her size (height of a 3-4 year old) a blow up tub would not work for us. We got rid of the ones we had last fall because she no longer fit in them. Plus, she would not be at all happy with that idea since she's used to a regular swimming pool. For bath time we plan to put a towel on the floor of the shower.

It's a blow up bath tub. You blow it up' date=' place it between two lounge chairs away from the crowded pool area and fill it with a bucket or two of water. When toddler is done, you can empty it into one of the drains. Also doubles as a bathtub in your cabin if you only have a shower.

Best,

Mia[/quote']

Where do you get your bucket of water?

Archived