Best Beach in St Thomas

alb38

I think we are just doing a beach day at this port. Can anybody recommend a nice relazxing beach. I was on another website and they had mentioned Coki, Sapphire and Magen's Bay. What can anybody tell me about these beaches and do most beaches have lounge chairs to use/rent.

Thanks

Andrea

and don't know about "renting" the chairs...they were vacant, we plopped down on them and nobody said anything about it (as far as asking if we were resort guests or anything about rental fees). :confused:

it was really nice, laid back, with nice facilities. my only advice would be to take food off the ship to munch on during the day, we got soaked for an $8 burger than wasn't any bigger than a fast food burger, and came with a measily bag of potato chips, LOL.

I am so glad I finally found someone who did the Dolphin Swim. We are on the Legend 7/24, in Tortola 7/29. Ideally, we want to do the Swim, then stay at a beach for a few hours. I think we have to be back on the ship by 2pm. I that do-able? Dolphin Encounters is trying to get us in (we are a group of 14), I am trying to get them to do it very early so we have more time in Tortola. Did yo do anything else beside the swim while you were there?

I Magen's Bay as crowded as people say? We can't decide between Magen's Bay and Coki Beach. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Hello,

The crowds at Magens Bay and Coki Beach depend greatly on how many ships are in port. If its off season, like now, and there is just one or two ships in port then the beaches aren't very crowded. If its season (December-May) and there are 6,7,8 ships in port then the beaches get crowded.

--Islander

http://www.*****

Which beach would you recommend for a family with 2 young sons (4 and 7). Need restrooms, hopefully a place for a cold soft drink and/or snack and maybe a chair or two?

I have only been to Coki Beach....last month. It has restrooms/changing rooms, trinket/t-shirt shops, and places to get something to eat/drink. They also rent chairs, they were either $3 or $5, I'm pretty sure $5. I believe they also had umbrellas for rent, but we didn't get one, so I can't swear to it. Coki Beach is also right next to Coral World. Not sure of the cost or how good it is, but the kids might enjoy it. If I'm remembering correctly, it seems like it was a $7 pp one way cab fare. Also, you can get dog biscuits there (or bring your own!) and feed the fish....the kids would really get a blast out of that! Tons of fish just come right up to you and feed off the biscuit. Pretty cool!!! I have a couple of pictures on my link below, to give you an idea of what it looks like. I thought it was a very nice beach!!

Hello,

If your boys aren't good swimmers, would like playing in the sand/shallow I would go with Magens Bay. Its very calm, long beach, there is food & restrooms. If they are ok/good swimmers and would like snorkeling then Coki Beach or Secret Harbor. And if you think they would like going out kayaking with mom or dad, snorkeling, having a pool or the beach then Sapphire. Sapphire's water tends to deepen more quickly then Magens and Sapphire and usually has a gentle wave action; where the other three mentioned are usually very calm. All four have restrooms, drinks, food. Depending on the atmosphere you are looking for - Secret Harbor's restaurant is a restaurant on/overlooking the beach where Coki Beach has food shacks on the beach. Sapphire also has a restaurant and Magens Bay has a bar/grill type set up with picnic tables.

Hope that helps you narrow it down.

--Islander

http://www.*****

• 2 weeks later...

We really liked Coki Beach. It is a relatively small beach, and I think would be great for kids 'cause they can WADE in the water and feed the fish that will come and swim around them. And Coral World is right there too. My family enjoyed that too. We bargained with a driver who took us on a tour to Megan's, Sapphire, Marriott's Resort and Coki. We spent several hours at Coki and then he came back to pick us up. We paid him at the end of our day. Can't remember the cost but it was very reasonable for the five of us - all adults.

Archived