Upgrading staterooms?

I just booked the SOS for the 1 July sailing and due to the late booking the best stateroom I could get was a Cat G. I would really prefer a JS. Is there any trick to upgrading at port? Are there normally cancellations/no-shows that would allow someone with an assigned stateroom the opportunity to upgrade?

Thanks

I just booked the SOS for the 1 July sailing and due to the late booking the best stateroom I could get was a Cat G. I would really prefer a JS. Is there any trick to upgrading at port? Are there normally cancellations/no-shows that would allow someone with an assigned stateroom the opportunity to upgrade?

Thanks

I'm booked on this cruise and just booked last week in a G also. When I booked there was only one JS left and it was the handicapped cabin. They wanted a $969.00 per person for it. I could not see paying that much more for just a three night cruise plus with it being a handicapped room they may not have let me book it anyway.

Thanks

There's no trick. You can check daily for a change in availability and even ask when you hit the pier. If there is one available they'll let you upgrade for a fee. Sometimes people do cancel, health reason or emergencies do pop up quite often.

Suites do go quickly!

Archived