Cheers program price increase update

Briitini

I just called into customer service and told her I was sailing on the Breeze tomorrow and that I have been reading online that the price has went up. She did a price check and the ONLY ship that is NOT $42.95 plus 15% gratuity is the Carnival Victory. Only the Victory is $49.95 + 15% gratuity.

Hope this helps out.

Maybe because it is the only ship that offers Cheers that does shorter cruises, they feel like more people are going to outdrink themselves and thus Carnival loses money on the shorter cruises versus the longer ones.

Maybe because it is the only ship that offers Cheers that does shorter cruises, they feel like more people are going to outdrink themselves and thus Carnival loses money on the shorter cruises versus the longer ones.

I was thinking the same thing.

This makes total sense. I read that one of the reasons for the alcoholic beverage packages is that cruisers spend more on alcohol the first few days of a cruise and with the package the cruiselines are GUARENTEED bar revenue for the length of the cruise. Booze is cheap and the servers are there already, so they might as well be working.:)

I just looked up the cruises on the Victory and they offer 4 & 5 day cruises. There are a lot of ships that offer these cruises and even some that offer 3 day cruises. So I dont get it. :rolleyes:

How many sea days on the Victory? Perhaps it has something to with that.

I just looked up the cruises on the Victory and they offer 4 & 5 day cruises. There are a lot of ships that offer these cruises and even some that offer 3 day cruises. So I dont get it. :rolleyes:

They don't have the Cheers program.

Archived