Oban Luggage Storage

Girr

On 30 July I'm going out to Mull and Iona for a few days, and really don't want to drag my big suitcase along. Does anyone know of a luggage storage facility in Oban - hopefully close to the ferry?

Thanks in advance.

Barbara

There certainly doesn't seem to be luggage storage at Oban Railway Station, according to the National Rail website. Calmac (the ferry for Mull and Iona) do provide luggage facilities at some other terminals, but we are not sure this is available in Oban. It isnt mentioned on the Calmac website as far as I can see. If you are staying in Oban before going to Mull your best bet is to leave it with your hotel. There is a lift at Oban ferry terminal to get to the boarding level, but not at Craignure or Fishnish, best to take a small trolley bag.

There certainly doesn't seem to be luggage storage at Oban Railway Station, according to the National Rail website. Calmac (the ferry for Mull and Iona) do provide luggage facilities at some other terminals, but we are not sure this is available in Oban. It isnt mentioned on the Calmac website as far as I can see. If you are staying in Oban before going to Mull your best bet is to leave it with your hotel. There is a lift at Oban ferry terminal to get to the boarding level, but not at Craignure or Fishnish, best to take a small trolley bag.

And thank you to you too! As yes, I really don't want to drag my bag any more than I have to, and a small trolley bag is all I want to take. I'm going to call the terminal in the morning, but I'm really thinking the hotel is the best bet.

If you use the link I gave and look at 'staffing and general services' you will see 'Left Luggage' with a tick.

Leaving the cases at the hotel would certainly be simpler but that wasn't what the OP asked.

Girr :

Anything you want to know about Oban , Mull and Iona, we will be there next week for a few days for the PS Waverley, so please let me know and I will look into it. One of my favourite places !

Thank you so much!! Enjoy your holiday next week. I'm soooooo looking forward to getting to Mull and Iona this summer. I've made it to Oban a few times, but alas never further.

Archived