JW and Jerome's Excellent Adventure on the Celebrity REFLECTION!

cruiseguys2009

JW, glad to see that your reviews are back on-line following your computer issues.

Carambola on St Kitts sounds great. We are on a cruise that includes St Kitts in November 2013. The group we are with has planned for excursions in several of the ports but in St Kitts we are on our own. You said that you set your day up with Liz -- I found her page on FB. Can you tell me how long in advance of your cruise you set this up with her and what she charged for the trip to/from? Did you pay her or the resort itself for the chaises and umbrella? And I guess food, drinks were extra and paid directly to the resort?

Please point me to the right place if you have given any of these costs already, and please excuse my asking again.

Thanks in advance, Gary, Fort Lauderdale

Gary,

Thanks for commenting!

We loved Liz Periera and she has a multitude of excursions, not just transportation. Check out her site. You will be amazed at what this Canadian has up her sleeve!

We used Liz for transportation to and from Carambola. She had charged us $40.00 total, which we paid her at the port when we met up with her. That being said, we had a wonderful, modern, air conditioned mini van driven by Barry. We also had arranged a stop over at the Catholic Church.

At Carambola we paid Elvis directly, $10.00 for each Chaise Lounge with Cushion, $10.00 for the umbrella and table, and $10.00 tip for setting it all up for us ($40.00)

Make your reservations NOW as Carambola fills up and sells out. You can make your reservations directly on * bk with Carambola by private msg-ing them.

There are also water sport activities available that you can rent on site, as well as Professional Massages under a tent with the Caribbean Seabreeze. But if you want to relax under a sunbrella, get served cocktails and a gorgeous lunch, on fine china, ON THE BEACH, then this is for you! If you want to swim in calm bath water, and gaze lazily out at the volcano and the Caribbean Sea, this is for you.

The drinks were reasonable. Beers were $1, $2, or $3 for local stuff, and my Bloody Mary's were $6, and my Grey Goose Martini's were $10-12, I don't recall.

The lunch prices are current and found on that :) Bk site.

If you want to romp with wild Drunken Monkeys eating your food and drinking your cocktails (Oh How Cute!), and get drunk yourself, and have Monkey Poop everywhere, and if you enjoy loud music and some bar-be-cue, then The Ship Wreck Bar down the way is for you.

More on that story tomorrow!

JW just loving your review, not only is your sense of humor fabulously outrageous you come across as a genuinely nice person! You truly seems to love life and enjoy it to the fullest. My sister and I will be on the Reflection in October in the med so your November cruise is a little too soon for me to book. Do you have another celebrity cruise planned.? If so you have company. Perhaps the 1-2-3 DRUNK program will be offered again soon!!! I have it for the Med and looking forward to trying some special drinks. What is that rose one again? Thanks for all your efforts to entertain and inform us. Cheers, Rhonda

JW would you happen to be an author by trade? If not, I think you should consider writing a book!! Maybe a cruising book?!:D I know I would pay to read your adventures and I'm sure your tales go on and on from other cruise adventures.

JW, I wish you and Jerome had stayed on board the Reflection for the following cruise -the 16 day transatlantic. It was a great cruise, but definitely lacking someone like you to liven things up!!!! No one was having as much fun as you did, that's for sure.

Our bartenders actually looked bored at times, and many commented that the previous cruise (yours) kept them all hopping busy. The sky lounge was deserted most nights when we were there. Where was our Jay Double you hooo?? Even the hat lady would have been a welcome distraction. LOL

I guess the passenger dynamic is more (ahem) reserved on the transatlantics.;) but we absolutely loved the Reflection and crew.

Enjoying your sense of humor, and fantastic attitude.....

JW, I wish you and Jerome had stayed on board the Reflection for the following cruise -the 16 day transatlantic. It was a great cruise, but definitely lacking someone like you to liven things up!!!! No one was having as much fun as you did, that's for sure.

Our bartenders actually looked bored at times, and many commented that the previous cruise (yours) kept them all hopping busy. The sky lounge was deserted most nights when we were there. Where was our Jay Double you hooo?? Even the hat lady would have been a welcome distraction. LOL

I guess the passenger dynamic is more (ahem) reserved on the transatlantics.;) but we absolutely loved the Reflection and crew.

Enjoying your sense of humor, and fantastic attitude.....

As luck would have it, I ran into another couple tonight that was also on the Reflection for the Transatlantic (what are the odds of that?) They told me that our cruise was certainly hopping and if they wanted to know "How much Hopping" then they needed to read my review! The couple knows Jerome and I and lives in the same city as us. We just happened to run into them tonight, and we sat and laughed for over an hour, comparing stories and notes! They loved the Reflection as much as we did! So nice to be famous.

Now onto the completion and more Hat Lady sagas!

Thank you so much for your kind comments. Don't forget to check out the Reflection Video Jerome and I made. Here is the link:

Enjoy!

JW, I have enjoyed this review from day 1 and thought the video was great. My wife and I are on the Silhouette in July, and with this being our first cruise on an S Class ship it was good to see your solutions with regards to storage. Thanks again.

Here is another balcony idea. This is how Jerome turned our two chairs on our balcony into a comfortable Chaise Lounge. Just another suggestion on Standard Cabin ideas! In Concierge Class and in Aqua Class, Celebrity provides a kind of foot stool extension, we did not have those in the "Standard Class". And I must say, Jerome's idea was very comfortable!

316284_4545135680865_205554352_n.jpg

Hi JW and Jerome, we are sorry but are not coming on reflection on 16th November .... we are going on Infinity on 12th october. This is a UK sailing and we also got a free classic drinks package with the booking. Yipee. I will promise to do a blog from the ship but wont be as funny as yours. :):):):)

Here is another balcony idea. This is how Jerome turned our two chairs on our balcony into a comfortable Chaise Lounge. Just another suggestion on Standard Cabin ideas! In Concierge Class and in Aqua Class, Celebrity provides a kind of foot stool extension, we did not have those in the "Standard Class". And I must say, Jerome's idea was very comfortable!

316284_4545135680865_205554352_n.jpg

Does this man ever take a bad picture?:) He looks very comfy - great Idea.

Kudos and well done! You are a star - well spoken and you touched on a number of excellent key points. Love the storage boxes from Target what a great way to stay organized!

Some serious crown stock on your table there! I see Jerome was enjoying it on his makeshift chaise-lounge on the balcony.

Thanks for this review - it has been my nightly cocktail entertainment whilst dinner is cooking. A lovely distraction!

:)

Hi JW! So much enjoyed your review. Took me like 3 days to get through them, but worth every minute. :D

My partner and I of 14 years will be taking our first Celebrity Cruise Aug 21st for a 12 night Venice overnight. I am looking forward to it more and more now.

Have to watch to see which Cruise you guys take in the future and plan to be on the same ship!

Best,

Bruce from San Ramon, CA

Hey JW I was curious, how did you make reservations for the beach club in St. Kitts? When I went to the link listed in Fodor's review it just popped up saying "coming soon." Some people and I are from our Quantum roll call are interested in going there when Quantum stops in St. Kitts :)

Hey JW I was curious, how did you make reservations for the beach club in St. Kitts? When I went to the link listed in Fodor's review it just popped up saying "coming soon." Some people and I are from our Quantum roll call are interested in going there when Quantum stops in St. Kitts :)

I made them thru Liz Periera Tours and you can find both Carambola and Liz on :) Bk. Also do a search and you will find them both on several travel sites.

Carambola has a great review site here under St Kitts boards.

I made them thru Liz Periera Tours and you can find both Carambola and Liz on :) Bk. Also do a search and you will find them both on several travel sites.

Carambola has a great review site here under St Kitts boards.

I appreciate that very much sir! :)

We enjoyed reading your review, and especially loved the title of your thread, "JW and Jerome's Excellent Adventure on the Celebrity REFLECTION!"

Thanks again for blogging your experience, and we can't wait to have you onboard again in the future!

We enjoyed reading your review, and especially loved the title of your thread, "JW and Jerome's Excellent Adventure on the Celebrity REFLECTION!"

Thanks again for blogging your experience, and we can't wait to have you onboard again in the future!

Way to go JW! You and I have both gotten recognition from Celebrity for our reviews!! Bravo sir!! :)

Hi JW

I have been reading with great interest your review of Reflection, is there still more to come...... I sure hope so. We were on Eclipse in March and from your photo of 'Hat Lady' we also had someone similar on our cruise, maybe it was the same person....:confused:

Texmex

Hi JW

Many thanks for wonderful reveiw of your recent cruise on Reflection my wife and I really enjoyed reading about your amazing adventures both before and after our own cruise on Reflection around the Eastern Med on 6th May. We also had a great time the ship, bars, food , entertainment were all fantastic, the best part of our experience was the crew all of whom were lovely and went beyond the call of duty. Whilst I fully appreciate that different folks are entitled to their opinions and have different expectations I often wonder reading some of negative comments if they were on the same ship.

Now to the point of my post, we so enjoyed our cruise that we booked on board to take the Ultimate Caribbean Cruise on the Equinox from Fort Lauderdale on 9th December 2013. Although we have experienced several land based holidays in the Caribbean on Barbados, Antigua, St Lucia and Cancun, Mexico we have not visited any of the following which are on our itinerary,George Town, Cartagena, Colon, Puerto Limon or Belize. You would appear to have travelled extensively in the area and we wonder if you have any recommendations for any of the ports.

To help with our preferences many people would consider us phillastines, we are not interested in historic sites but are quite happy to get off the ship and go to a night club in Istanbul or walk off the ship in Mykonos find our own way to a restaurant for lunch.We are 52 me and 38 her.

Best Wishes

Mark

we so enjoyed our cruise that we booked on board to take the Ultimate Caribbean Cruise on the Equinox from Fort Lauderdale on 9th December 2013.

I look forward to seeing you on that Equinox trip in December. (Please join our roll call.) But after being on that Reflections trip and meeting Jerome and JW, I'm not sure that any cruise will ever be the same.

Wow, the ultimate compliment. A star is born! (okay, two stars):p

JW, until you finish your blog, none of us can move on with our lives, we are in JW-Finish-Your-Blog-Limbo!! You got to finish it, don't make us smite you!! ;):p

Archived