Princess Cruise Kids Club

ginger123snaps

Our boys will be 6, 6, and 4 next summer.....we want to book a cruise but I want them all in the same kids club. I hear Princess groups the kids from ages 3 to 7. What was your experience like with their kids club? Did the older kids get bored? We are considering an Alaskan cruise.

Our daughter was 4 when we cruised Princess and she loved it! They do a great job with keeping all kids entertained. We did the Ruby Caribbean cruise. We couldn't get her out sometimes. On our cruise there were only 48 kids so late at night they would group a few different ages together.

Enjoy!

Those are great ages for Princess. My son was 3 and 5 on two of his Princess cruises and wanted to be in the kids club all of the time. When he was 5 it was a longer cruise with only 11 kids under 12, so they grouped them all together. The counselors did a great job with the older kids so that there didn't seem to be issues with that.

We would often run into one of the older boys when walking around the ship and he would always say hello to my son, who was thrilled by that. Don't know if it was just a good set of kids, or whether the way that the staff ran the club, that fostered that camaraderie among the kids.

Our DD8 has been on 9 cruises. We've been on new ships with waterslides and lots of innovative ideas. She has loved them all. She has been on 2 Princess, and both times we were afraid she might get bored. She had a great time on both of them. She really liked the wildlife themed activities and the free, take-home stuffed animals.

• 3 weeks later...

We have sailed on Princess twice - the first time was in Alaska when my younger daughter was 4 and the second in the Baltics when she was 6 - she loved the kids club on both cruises. We have sailed Disney (twice); Princess (twice); Holland America; and Celebrity - Princess and Celebrity have been her favourites.

I was very impressed with the Princess programming in Alaska as she did a lot of crafts and activities that were based on an Alaska theme. They also had a Park Ranger come into the kids club while sailing in Glacier Bay to talk to the kids about glaciers and what they were seeing outside the window.

Lisa

I sailed with ds6 on Diamond Princess to Alaska two years ago. He loved it. There was lots of individual attention. There were computers, crafts, ball pit, games, a TV with stadium seating and an outdoor play area. We were on for two weeks , both northbound and southbound. DS cried the last full day, he didn't want to leave.

Archived