Paradise going into dry dock

luci

The Paradise is going into dry dock between 11-28 to 12-19. Had to cancel our 12-5 cruise:mad: Our TA is getting our deposit refunded. Didn't want to cancel our vacation, so we booked the same 12-5 cruise with RCI's Monarch Of The Seas. Just a 4 day Baja run but better then no cruise at all.:D Will have to change the attachments below.

I'm kind of new to cruising.

Is this normal? Is this urgent?

I thought the cruise lines used Caribbean dry docks and tried to piggy back a repositioning cruise through the Canal.

Are they going to use a West Coast dry dock? Doesn't that cost more?

I'm confused.

I'm kind of new to cruising.

Is this normal? Is this urgent?

I thought the cruise lines used Caribbean dry docks and tried to piggy back a repositioning cruise through the Canal.

Are they going to use a West Coast dry dock? Doesn't that cost more?

I'm confused.

Pride was drydocked somewhere on the CA coast earlier this year.

Not sure about costs, but Im sure Carnival can easily afford it.

All ships go into drydock every 2-3 years.

The Paradise is going into dry dock between 11-28 to 12-19. Had to cancel our 12-5 cruise:mad: Our TA is getting our deposit refunded. Didn't want to cancel our vacation, so we booked the same 12-5 cruise with RCI's Monarch Of The Seas. Just a 4 day Baja run but better then no cruise at all.:D Will have to change the attachments below.

Is Carnival just now notifying TA's and passengers about this dry dock? If so that is really sorry business on their part. The cruise lines have to book the dry dock space months in advance to insure space but notifying 6 months prior is ridiculous.

They usually try to dry dock near the home port. The ships on the east coast usually go to Freeport.

Carnival notified our TA as to the dry dock. They gave us the choice of the full refund on our deposit or booking either earlier than our original cruise date or after and still getting our upgrades. Being that it wasn't possable to change vacation dates in Dec. we opted for the refund. Our TA feels that the ship will probably dry dock in San Diego as they have the means to handle it.

Pride was drydocked somewhere on the CA coast earlier this year.

Not sure about costs, but Im sure Carnival can easily afford it.

All ships go into drydock every 2-3 years.

The pride was drydocked in San Francisco

Wow, kinda wierd three ships in as many days.

Glory and Elation Passangers seem to have gotten more than 6 months notice maybe the TA was a little slow in this case; it happens.

Still, that is a lot of ships almost at once. If they were all the same class I'd be worried.

I think the fact that Carnival wont have any new ships in 2006 might be a good reason to drydock as many ships as possible this and next year. Every year since 1997 they have had at least one new ship go into service. It seems they are trying to update all the ships in service with new amenities like the sleep system, etc...

In 2007 when Freedom start sailing, expect lots of ships moving around.

It is about time for the old girl to get a new look. She is a great ship. I only hope they keep the beautiful stage curtain in the Normandy lounge. I am sorry for those of you who have to miss out sailing on her because of the drydock schedule.

Carnival usually gives a notice further in advance than 6 months, but oh well. My ex just did the 3-day on the Monarch of the Seas and had a great time.

Hope you have a great cruise too. :)

DAMN, I had just taken this cruise in May, and was planning for another on her in nov or dec this year.... Now the question is, other than the aging monarch, with its tiny rooms, and hefty price, is there going to be another carnival ship taking paradise's place/itinerary in the meantime ?? And why will it go into drydock, the ship seemed fine when i left it in may ?

DAMN, I had just taken this cruise in May, and was planning for another on her in nov or dec this year.... Now the question is, other than the aging monarch, with its tiny rooms, and hefty price, is there going to be another carnival ship taking paradise's place/itinerary in the meantime ?? And why will it go into drydock, the ship seemed fine when i left it in may ?

All ships have to go to drydock every 2-3 years. No ship will take over they Itinerary when she is in drydock.

Archived