Allure Oceaqnview Balcony question

The last few times we sailed OV balcony on the allure, there was a problem with the AC if I was on the balcony (therefore the door was closed but unlocked) and my wife was in the stateroom. I thought I had heard the AC wont work unless the door is locked.

Is this true? If so-how does one handle this dilema?

Just off the Allure a few weeks ago and had an oceanview balcony cabin. According to my steward, the rooms are equipped with a master button which right near the main light panel by the bathroom. Turn that off and no AC or lighting will work. Keep it on and things are work.

On the Freedom last year, you need to have the balcony door closed in order for the AC work.

We came off the Allure on Sunday....we never had a problem with the air after the first day. We learned to keep our curtains closed while not in the cabin to help keep the sunlight out and kept the room cooler. We closed the door while on the balcony with the handle in the closed position and never got locked out of the cabin.

Archived