Carol, one more question

TirNaNog

First, thanks for your response to my other posting about the Hotel Colon and timing for booking. I am going to go with the Colon for my three nights post cruise, but it was too expensive for the one night pre cruise, higher rate than the three nights. I am looking at the Hotel Jazz and Continental Barcelona for the one night. The Continental has a lower rate and cruisers seem to like this hotel. However, it seems a bit funky and has some mixed reviews. Any thoughts on the Continental? Would I be better off paying a bit more for the Jazz? Thanks again for you help and incredible insight. BTW, love the web site you put together.

First, thanks for your response to my other posting about the Hotel Colon and timing for booking. I am going to go with the Colon for my three nights post cruise, but it was too expensive for the one night pre cruise, higher rate than the three nights. I am looking at the Hotel Jazz and Continental Barcelona for the one night. The Continental has a lower rate and cruisers seem to like this hotel. However, it seems a bit funky and has some mixed reviews. Any thoughts on the Continental? Would I be better off paying a bit more for the Jazz? Thanks again for you help and incredible insight. BTW, love the web site you put together.

Personally, between the Hotel Jazz and the Continental I would prefer Hotel Jazz. I don't think I could take all that pink - even for one night :eek:. Some people like the complimentary buffet and drinks but that does not appeal to me. That is just my opinion. I am sure others would disagree.

If you are looking for a lower cost hotel for just one night pre-cruise you might like to look at one of these

Lleó – A reasonably inexpensive hotel - not far from Plaza Cataluña.

Flor Parks - Another reasonably priced hotel - on Las Ramblas. Nothing fancy but clean and comfortable for one night.

Moderno - 3 star hotel just off Las Ramblas. their prices often include breakfast.

Europark - about a mile from Las Ramblas but as you are staying again in Barcelona post cruise that should not be a problem.

You might also like to look at Regencia Colón. This is the 3 star sister hotel to, and just behind, the Colón. It is a good option for one night's stay.

As I said before, for details of these and other hotels see my web page.

If I remember correctly you are there on October 31st. The next day (1st November) is a holiday in Spain so hotel prices may be a bit higher than usual.

Archived