Turkish e-visa

mpfund

I've just found out that you can issue your own Turkish visa on your computer. The website is http://www.evisa.gov.tr/ The cost is $20 (credit card) and you can have your travel agent have Oceania delete this charge from your invoice.

I've just done this and it seems to work.

Something appears a bit wonky about the web address as I've typed it, but you can google it and get to the correct page.

Hope this helps any travelers to Turkey.

I've just found out that you can issue your own Turkish visa on your computer. The website is http://www.evisa.gov.tr/ The cost is $20 (credit card) and you can have your travel agent have Oceania delete this charge from your invoice.

Something appears a bit wonky about the web address as I've typed it, but you can google it and get to the correct page.

The link worked perfectly for me :D

WELL SPOTTED, I will be downloading mine today. Thank you for the tip. X

I've just found out that you can issue your own Turkish visa on your computer. The website is www.evisa.gov.tr/ The cost is $20 (credit card) and you can have your travel agent have Oceania delete this charge from your invoice.

Hi mpfund,

Many thanks. Will be taking your advice and buying online. I contacted Oceania Guest Relations in UK and they said, "if you obtain your own Turkish visa just let them know, once you have boarded, and they will not obtain one for you". Would have hated to have purchased two!

I've just found out that you can issue your own Turkish visa on your computer. The website is www.evisa.gov.tr/ The cost is $20 (credit card) and you can have your travel agent have Oceania delete this charge from your invoice.

Hi mpfund,

Great news, thank you for that. Will buy my evisa. Called Oceania Guest Relations and all one has to do is let them know we have purchased our visa, once we are onboard, and they will not obtain one for us. Would hate to have bought two!

Thanks mpfund,

This information is very helpful. I have also just printed our Turkish evisa's. If anyone is concerned about obtaining a visa this way it is very simple and appears to be a genuine site.

Thanks mpfund,

This information is very helpful. I have also just printed our Turkish evisa's. If anyone is concerned about obtaining a visa this way it is very simple and appears to be a genuine site.

I too have obtained our visas. There is a link on the Turkish consulate web site which takes you to the same site. Very quick and easy to navigate.

I too have obtained our visas. There is a link on the Turkish consulate web site which takes you to the same site. Very quick and easy to navigate.

If Brazil would only get into the groove, we could reconsider the Amazon!

map-lg-REG140329.jpg It is a wretched Visa system that they have now...

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks--This will be better than lines at the airport

I have just started to research tours--let me know if you find anything interesting

Hi everyone - my partner and I we will be joining you on this cruise, just booked yesterday. FYI - for any other Canadians the fee is $60 US per person through the e-visa site.

Look forward to meeting all of you.:)

Devin

We paid Oceania $99 for ours last October. The Visa came as a sticker that you place on a clean page in your passport. Is it just the evisa that you have printed off that you then will show Turkish customs?

Go to the link in my post above. The site is official (Turkish government) and in English. It will tell you how to apply (fill in on line form) and how to pay (VISA or Mastercard). They then email you a link to download and print the e-visa which you keep with you while in Turkey.

This is not rocket science. It is possibly the easiest visa application process around and if you're smart enough to apply for a passport, you're certainly smart enough to get a Turkish visa. They also have a FAQ on site just in case you don't understand the process. Just do it and let this thread die a natural death.

We paid Oceania $99 for ours last October. The Visa came as a sticker that you place on a clean page in your passport. Is it just the evisa that you have printed off that you then will show Turkish customs?

Seems to be. The evisa has a few QR codes to be scanned on it - much like a printed plane ticket.

Archived