Carnival wouldn't honor price on their web page

briarjumper

I was trying to book a cabin for three people. I saved screen shots of both the two and three people prices so I could argue my case with Carnival. All I did was waste TWO HOURS of my life talking to the PVP and her Supervisor that I will never get back. I emailed them the screen shots as they requested that I do. I'll not have to worry about that anymore. I'm through with Carnival.

So you took the screen shot so you could argue your case with Carnival? Planning an argument before you called....Wow that's planning for you....I call bulls*it

Just curious, but if the same thing happened to you while trying to book RCCL or Holland, do you think you would have been treated any differently?

If people stopped using services or products because of bad customer service, our choices would quickly become very limited.

This is exactly why Carnival and other companies get away with the poor customer service that they have. Because people put up with it and still give them their money.

If you vote with your feet, or your money in this case, companies will start getting the message. Carnival (or Kohl's) might not miss MY money, but when enough have migrated, perhaps they will realize.

Just a note to you; be aware that Carnival owns Holland America also.

Common mistake. Carnival and HAL are owned by the same corporation, Carnival doesn't own HAL.

Selling the Carnival Corp. shares then booking a HAL cruise would be silly.

This statement confused me..."Looking at Carnival available Cove Balconies there was plenty of them in all areas of the ship available"

Cove Balconies are only on one lower floor aren't they? Or do different ship classes have them on other areas of the ships?

I've never even been on a ship that offered cove balconies and even I know they're only on one deck. That's the whole point. They created a balcony closer to the water. It's a balcony with more protection and the water-tight doors in case the waves get high enough to crash over the balcony. I believe they're on deck 2. Agreeing with you here, Holders. My statement is intended for the OP.

I am not really sure why some of you are attacking the OP. Carnival employees would not honor the price she had on her screen, she has aright to be angry. I had a similar situation. I found a great price for a 7 day cruise. It was the same ship and itinerary I sailed on the year before. It was a little cheaper, but it was not a Spa room as the previous cabin had been. I got all the way through inputting my info, but when I put in my e-mail it said someone already had that e-mail, yes me. I called them and a computer expert said make up an e-mail and fix it later. I continued with the reservation giving them my credit card info, then it stopped and said there was and error. so I called Carnival again. She said the price was too low, I took a screen shot, she had me talk to a supervisor. I explained the price was equivalent to what I paid last time because Spa cabins cost more than the difference between the two prices. They tried to put it through it wouldn't work. they said someone would call me, I got a call but the minute I answered they hung up. I kept trying, but the person they said I should talk to never returned my calls. Since then I have done 4 cruises on Princess, and none on Carnival. Yes, I know it is the same corporation, but the cruises have been much better.

Archived