Celebrity wedding experiences?

acouch

• 4 weeks later...

I was married in August 2004 aboard the Infinity of Celebrity Cruises. My review was on here somewhere but is probably meny pages back by this point.

I love our wedding, everything Celebrity did was wonderful. The flowers where beautiful, just what I had hoped for. The cake was amazing and so yummy.

The food at the reception was amazing. I didn't hear one complaint about quality or temp.

The wedding itself was in the Consetallation Lounge at the top of the ship. It was a beautiful location.

The pictures done by the Celebrity staff where amazing. Just perfect. We ended up purchasing all of them plus our negatives.

All in all it was an amazing way to get married. Now almost a year later our friends still talk about our wedding.

We married in the port of Vancouver BC Canada on the day our ship set sail for Alaska. We had 65 guests come on-board for the wedding and reception and we had 22 stay with us to sail. By using a TA and having everyone book threw her we also got one of our sailings for free which was a definate bonus.

If you have any questions or would like to see my pictures please post here and I will do my best to answer them and set up a link to our on-line album.

Here is the link to our wedding/cruise to Alaska album.

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAMXLRo5auGzCkA

At the begining are pictures from the night before we set sail. We had a cocktail reception on the top floor of the Blue Horizon Hotel on Robson Street in Vancouver with all the guests. It was a beautiful location and a great hotel.

Thanks so much for the comments and the picture post. You were a beautiful bride and the ceremony looked really nice. A few questions is you don't mind:

1- were your flowers custom (I'm assuming so...and just want to know how much detail you had to provide to get what you wanted)

2 - same question about the cake

3 - finally....did you bring on your own minister? If so, did the cruise wedding coordinator help with that and did you personally arrange?

Thanks again for the post!

1. The flowers were what my wedding planning company (A Wedding For You) called a standard bridal bouquet at the time. It may have changed but once you have a cruise/wedding booked with a coordinator they will be able to send you pictures of what the standard bouquet was. I was told my bouquet would be 6-8 roses in my choice of color and dendrobium orchids in either white or purple. So I choose coral roses and white orchids. Included in our package was one boutonniere and we choose a coral rose for that. Plus we added the bridesmaids bouquet of white handtied roses and the best mans boutonniere also a white rose. And we also ordered a throw-bouquet of white carnations. All together our additional flowers came to $75.00US which I thought was reasonable.

2. With our package we had a small wedding cake to feed 8 people. Now we had 62 guests at our wedding so a cake for 8 was not going to work. So yes the cake was a standard upgrade depending on the number of guests. I was able to choose the color of flowers on the cake and I could have brought my own cake topper or they supply one. It was a yummy white cake with a custard and fruit filling. Just amazing. We had to get a cake for 75 people and at the time it was $175US

3. We were lucky enough to have a family friend who is a retired Judge and keeps his JP status for only doing family and friend weddings. So he came and married Brent and I aboard the ship. Otherwise the coordinator will take care of this for you. The coordinator will also arrange for someone to come to your hotel the day prior to the wedding to get the marriage license ready for you I believe.

I know you didn't ask this but we did the sit-down luncheon and it was an amazing meal. 5 course lunch and we had our choice of red or white wine. And we also did the champange toast and ordered champange for everyone. It was wonderful.

Save money for pictures because the ships photographer does an amazing job. I couldn't choose so I had to buy them all. Can I also suggests getting their photo packages that gives you the option of buying negatives because that was the best thing we did. That way we can order as meny pictures as we need over the next few years.

Let me know if you have anymore questions and I will do my best to answer them.

• 6 months later...

My daughter is thinking about getting married on the Infinity in April. I know she has tons of questions. Would it be possible for her to contact you by email? You had such a wonderful experience and she would love to talk to someone who has done this before. I know this is an old post, but I'm hoping that you still check Cruise Critic and will get this. You can email me at prestigetravel@aol.com. Thank you so much!

• 1 month later...

Archived