Photo Review: Allure Eastern 4/14/2013 The Good Karma Cruise

I am sooo ready to go, but unfortunately, I have a long time to go. We will be sailing in December...seems like such a long time.

But just wanted to say thank you for ALL the tips you gave and for the awesome pictures. I really enjoyed them, even saving the images of the food so that my husband can see what he has to look forward to...lol

Thanks again :)

Thanks for the review and tips. We our sailing on the Oasis in August 2013 and our first time with Royal. My wife and kids have been busting on me about reading ALL of the reviews and watching youtube videos about the Oasis and Allure. Now that we are getting close to 100 days they now have starting asking questions and stopped busting on me. Your information has been very helpful!

Also, do you know of anyone that used the luggage valet? We are very interested in using that service.

Hope you don't mind my comment on this Kathy: We had 5 in our group that used this and loved it. They had a late departure and didn't have to trudge around with luggage.

Very much enjoyed reading your review, we are going this July, have been many times on RCCL but not Allure. Which is why I am wondering if they have improved the Quest gameshow? I pretty much have it memorized by now and every cruise I write a comment on card suggesting NEW "quests" If you've been two or more times you know what I'm talking about --- piece of fruit, cruise compass, teeth, etc etc. At least with the Love and Marriage show you can expect different answers depending on the 3 couples onstage, but I do hope they have come up with new and improved 'The Quest' gameshow? I have a feeling this is why Studio B doesn't quite fill up anymore....??

Once again, thank you for such an enjoyable review of your cruise!

Just stumbled across your new cruise review and I'm all a tither. Followed your review on the Oasis and loved every fun filled tale. I still remember well the "Sand Chairs" and also speaking about tail, the "bathing suit Flowrider escapade":rolleyes:. Still waiting for the U-Tube version:p. We just booked the Allure for Feb. 2014 so I'm sure by the time you're ready to close this review I'll know everything there is to know about the ship and probably some stuff I didn't want to know. Thanks for all your hard work in putting these reviews together. It's great to be able to relive your cruise thru your eyes and hubby's camera.

Keep cruising!!!!!!!

Skip

I am sooo ready to go, but unfortunately, I have a long time to go. We will be sailing in December...seems like such a long time.

But just wanted to say thank you for ALL the tips you gave and for the awesome pictures. I really enjoyed them, even saving the images of the food so that my husband can see what he has to look forward to...lol

Thanks again :)

I can see why your husband wanted you to include that picture? That's great with the Allure sign in the foreground and the iconic shot of Central Park.

Thanks for a great review! Sounds like a great cruise.

Thanks guys, he will be very happy to see your praise, and will tell me "see, I told you so!"

Also, do you know of anyone that used the luggage valet? We are very interested in using that service.

Hope you don't mind my comment on this Kathy: We had 5 in our group that used this and loved it. They had a late departure and didn't have to trudge around with luggage.

In never mind others chiming in...it's a message bard...everyones ideas help!

We didn't use it this time because we were staying in FLL, but people have good experiences with it. I like that you can even use your own FF "benefits", so for instance, if you are an AA FF and have 2 free check bags, you will get that benefit and not be charged the bag fee. Most find it very convenient if you have heavy luggage or a crew with limited ability to move around with it. great service, well worth the $$. Occasionally a bag gets lost, but when doesn't the occasional bag get lost:rolleyes:

Thanks for the review and tips. We our sailing on the Oasis in August 2013 and our first time with Royal. My wife and kids have been busting on me about reading ALL of the reviews and watching youtube videos about the Oasis and Allure. Now that we are getting close to 100 days they now have starting asking questions and stopped busting on me. Your information has been very helpful!

Oh you let them mock...and see who is laughing on embarkation day!!;) I found that on day 1 on Oasis, I was already doing things while others were still trying to figure out where to go. I was assisting the elderly around the ship on day 2, knew just how to get from the BW to Studio B when we only had 10 minutes to do it. Oh let them laugh, soon they will be begging you to point them in the right direction;):p

Very much enjoyed reading your review, we are going this July, have been many times on RCCL but not Allure. Which is why I am wondering if they have improved the Quest gameshow? I pretty much have it memorized by now and every cruise I write a comment on card suggesting NEW "quests" If you've been two or more times you know what I'm talking about --- piece of fruit, cruise compass, teeth, etc etc. At least with the Love and Marriage show you can expect different answers depending on the 3 couples onstage, but I do hope they have come up with new and improved 'The Quest' gameshow? I have a feeling this is why Studio B doesn't quite fill up anymore....??

Once again, thank you for such an enjoyable review of your cruise!

I think I mentioned in my review that they had "toned down" the potential nudity opportunities, and eliminated the mocking tone of some activities that could be a little sophomoric about certain people's orientation. This one was more about putting the people involved in an awkward situations vs mocking a whole group, if that makes any sense.

It's safer, a cruise staff person assigned to each group to insure no one falls, or does anything out of bounds, and some of the more "destructive stuff...like the "sock with a hole in it" were eliminated.

I think one of the reasons we were always watchers is that having been frequently, we didn't want to spoil the "surprises" by knowing all the answers. (we've seen people do it :rolleyes:) This time it was less "cheatable" if you know what I mean- tasks to do vs bring a piece of fruit. One Jewel Quest was kind of a snore because people just pulled everything up as a pic on their smart phones...snore!:rolleyes: Alan's Quest avoided that. I think this one was not as well attended because it was late and lots of families on board.

Give it try, see what you think!!

Just stumbled across your new cruise review and I'm all a tither. Followed your review on the Oasis and loved every fun filled tale. I still remember well the "Sand Chairs" and also speaking about tail, the "bathing suit Flowrider escapade":rolleyes:. Still waiting for the U-Tube version:p. We just booked the Allure for Feb. 2014 so I'm sure by the time you're ready to close this review I'll know everything there is to know about the ship and probably some stuff I didn't want to know. Thanks for all your hard work in putting these reviews together. It's great to be able to relive your cruise thru your eyes and hubby's camera.

Keep cruising!!!!!!!

Skip

Thank you, Skip...yeah, there's a reason I didn't try Flow Rider this cruise:o

I have to ask Randy or Susan if they saw my sand chairs at Hollywood beach???:confused:

Enjoy your planning and your cruise!!

Packing tips:

On most cruises we do bring those bags and one garment roller bag for the two of us for our "formalware" heavy shoes, and of course since we check it, I can pack a huge bag of ...ummm...sun screen!

Am I missing something? What is this a code for?

Am I missing something? What is this a code for?

In my case it's only code for sun screen. :p While some people smuggle booze, I am not one of them, but I made a joke about it. (see FLL hotel tips in one of the first posts)

In order to bring enough sun screen, I have to check a bag or buy it in port, much like the drinkers have to do with their booze. If I pack what I need for myself, my DH and the kids, it is over 10-12 bottles, and that usually attracts the attention of the ships bag screeners who probably think that much sun screen is really smuggled booze, which in my case it's not- it's just sun screen because we go through a 3 OZ tube per day, if properly applied and reapplied. :D

I'd prefer not to suffer from either of my dear fathers afflictions- skin cancer and alcoholism!;)

Ed to say: both of which have blessedly been properly treated and he is healthy!

Edited by Familygoboston

There have been haven't there!! The aforementioned Gambee had photos of just anything you could ever want to see on board, Cruisin Cutie had such a sweet, wide eyed approach to everything, her enthusiasm was so infectious

I'm not very good or successful at using the search functions

Was Cruisin Cutie and Gambee on the Allure or Oasis? If so I would love to read there reviews could someone please post the links here?

Thanks

In my case it's only code for sun screen. :p While some people smuggle booze, I am not one of them, but I made a joke about it. (see FLL hotel tips in one of the first posts)

In order to bring enough sun screen, I have to check a bag or buy it in port, much like the drinkers have to do with their booze. If I pack what I need for myself, my DH and the kids, it is over 10-12 bottles, and that usually attracts the attention of the ships bag screeners who probably think that much sun screen is really smuggled booze, which in my case it's not- it's just sun screen because we go through a 3 OZ tube per day, if properly applied and reapplied. :D

I'd prefer not to suffer from either of my dear fathers afflictions- skin cancer and alcoholism!;)

Ed to say: both of which have blessedly been properly treated and he is healthy!

Ohhh now I get it.....yeah you guys didn't seem like the smuggling type!

Thank you, Skip...yeah, there's a reason I didn't try Flow Rider this cruise:o

I have to ask Randy or Susan if they saw my sand chairs at Hollywood beach???:confused:

Enjoy your planning and your cruise!!

Didn't see any "sand chairs" as we meet up with our group at the hotel and never hit the beach while in Hollywood. But we could have put them to use at the hotel pool area as our group was sitting or lounging by the pool for most of the late afternoon / evening. We didn't want to "hog":) all the chairs! LOL

Didn't see any "sand chairs" as we meet up with our group at the hotel and never hit the beach while in Hollywood. But we could have put them to use at the hotel pool area as our group was sitting or lounging by the pool for most of the late afternoon / evening. We didn't want to "hog":) all the chairs! LOL

Oh, well, hope they are enjoying their Florida retirement!

How was the Blue Lagoon? We are sailing on Saturday and will be doing that excursion on Sunday...

I have loads of pics in the review...it was great and I would be happy to go back there for the "beach break". The encounter is fn, they teach you a lot about the dolphins and you certainly get up close and personal. I also liked that there was some time to enjoy the beach included before you have to head back on the Ferry. Have fun!!

Just started reading today, up to post 171, time to leave work .... damn .... I am tired.:rolleyes:

Nicely done.

Post 172 tomorrow morning, hope nobody needs me to do anything tomorrow ...... they'll have to wait.

Familygoboston, when you were on the Oasis, were the room fridges cold? I would like to store some bottles of water in there.

I wish, more like "coolish" We have put water bottles in there but theya re never ice cold:(

Just started reading today, up to post 171, time to leave work .... damn .... I am tired.:rolleyes:

Nicely done.

Post 172 tomorrow morning, hope nobody needs me to do anything tomorrow ...... they'll have to wait.

What I wore you out???;) At least you have found something productive to do at work!:p Thanks for the kind words!

I wish, more like "coolish" We have put water bottles in there but theya re never ice cold:(

What I wore you out???;) At least you have found something productive to do at work!:p Thanks for the kind words!

Thanks