Where to leave luggage on disembarking in Venice

happytravellers2

My partner & I were on the Armonia last year & finished our cruise in Venice. We were told that the transfer bus would take us to the airport at around 8.30 in the morning, despite our flight not leaving until 7.00 pm. Many Brits were unhappy with this arrangement so they arranged a meeting with the head of customer services. He said that MSC would reschedule the transfer until 4.00 pm. We were then able to store our luggage at the cruise terminal, for a few Euros, & make our way into the centre under our own steam. We had a look around, a spot of lunch & did some shopping. We then made our way back to the cruse terminal by water taxi & the transfer system. If you do this allow an hour to get back. We then retrieved our luggage & the bus took us to the airport. I hope this helps.

We are cruising on MSC Divina on 1st - 8th June.

Our return flight only departs Venice at 19h20 and so we will have around 8hrs which we can spend in Venice - but need somewhere to leave our luggage.

Does anyone know of options?

Thanks in advance.

There's a luggage storage service in the same building as the exit from the People Mover shuttle tram that will take you from the cruise terminal to Piazzale Roma, which is the taxi/bus stop in Venice. I saw the storefront three weeks ago when we got off and there was a line, but I didn't note the prices.

We are cruising on MSC Divina on 1st - 8th June.

Our return flight only departs Venice at 19h20 and so we will have around 8hrs which we can spend in Venice - but need somewhere to leave our luggage.

Does anyone know of options?

Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Here info I posted on another thread asking exatly the same question. I just copied and pasted my post

Originally Posted by Davidonaboat viewpost.gif

Apologies if this has been asked before i couldn't find a thread.....Hoping to spend the day in Venice once we have disembarked the Divina however i don't fancy sightseeing with our suitcases....what would be the best solution?:confused:

Catch the people mover to the bus station ( cost 1 euro pp) at the exit turn left go 10 (ten) yards turn left into the piazalle Roma and the left luggage office is 10 (ten) yards on the left

If ! remember correctly it is 5.5 - 6.0 euros per case per 24 hours.

Here is a handy Google earth view of the place with the left luggage marked with a yellow push pin (there are in fact two)

The ticket office for the ATVO airport buses is just a few yards up from the left luggage office. Don't get the ACTV bus as there are no luggage compartments underneath

venicebus.jpg

Hope this helps

Pete

Archived