Iced Tea & Sweetener

gumballz

The mix they use has sugar in it. Here is what I do. I ask for an herbel tea (caffin free), Get a glass and fill it with Ice. I make the tea and add the sweetener of my choice (sugar twin, yellow). Pour the hot tea over the ice and stir like crazy, voila, ice tea for me.

Iced tea is my beverage of choice.

We've been on RCCL's Radiance twice

Both times it was served unsweetened. They had the pink & blue packets which was really funny when I considered the desserts that were served in the main dining room.

The iced tea was also available in the Windjammer (buffet).

Also, I ordered iced tea at the first night's dinner. The waiter brought it and kept my glass full through dinner. Each night after that he just brought it without my asking.

a

So is the iced tea served unsweetened on all the ships then? We are sailing Carnival. DH is an avid tea drinker but it has to be sweet tea. I know he can add sweetner but when we dine out at home and the tea isn't sweet already he doesn't bother ordering it. Also, any idea what brand of tea they use? DH is also a picky tea drinker. Fun for me huh? lol I personally can't stand the stuff. I make it for dh but don't drink it myself. :) I plan on drinking the lemonade. Is it any good?? Thanks

Dawn

Hey GUMBALLZ,

I always fill my glass with 3/4 Iced Tea and 1/4 Lemonade. It's excellent that way since the Tea is unsweetened to begin with and the Lemonade is usually too sweet. I love the combination of the 2.

By the way, we talked on another thread regarding airfare. You asked if we get to Prescott often. We don't go there as often as we'd like. Is there a Bed-in-Breakfast that you would recommend? Do you know anything about those "pink jeep" tours. We have seen them and have always wondered about doing it sometime.

Tracey

So is the iced tea served unsweetened on all the ships then? We are sailing Carnival. DH is an avid tea drinker but it has to be sweet tea. I know he can add sweetner but when we dine out at home and the tea isn't sweet already he doesn't bother ordering it. Also, any idea what brand of tea they use? DH is also a picky tea drinker. Fun for me huh? lol I personally can't stand the stuff. I make it for dh but don't drink it myself. :) I plan on drinking the lemonade. Is it any good?? Thanks

Dawn

The iced tea on the Carnival Legend is unsweetened in the machines and they had sugar, sweet-n-low, Equal, and Splenda packets. They also had lemonade and several juices in the machines.. the 'tropical' flavor (forgot- guavamango ?) was especially good. At one station there was a box with all different flavors for making hot tea... The iced tea, lemonade, juices, were all very good ..

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the tea is presweetened on the Princess cruiseline? We are on the Diamond to Alaska and I thought I would drink ice tea rather than buying the soda card, but I can't have sugar. Thanks!

Archived